Step 1 Sole Source I'm new to this!

Sian :)

Hi everyone,
I'm new to this but have tried almost every other diet going.
I have tried the Cambridge diet before but haven't been in the right frame of mind to stick at it.
i would like to start again this week however Saturday 2nd Feb is my sisters birthday night out which is a meal and a night out in town with the girls.
Would you reccomend starting this week even though i know i have that coming up next week?
Or would you leave it until after?

Thanks in advance
Sian

Hi Sian, it's a difficult one. If your head is in the zone then maybe start next week, IF you think you'll cope with a night out on this plan.

The thing is, you could wait until the 3rd or 4th of Feb, but will your resolve be there still, do you think?

Good luck in making the decision: I don't envy you! Whatever you decide, you will always find support here. :)

I know the feeling I’m going to Scotland
for a week in feb and I know I won’t be able to do any of it because my aunt id
big on food and takes it really personally if you dont eat her food!

But I still started it 2 weeks ago knowing I wouldn’t have my full loss by
then. To be honest this is the first diet I have done where I have really seen
results and I’m always breaking my diets.

If your head is in it then start now. Have one bad day then keep the rest of
the week as just pure sole source! Otherwise by next week you may not keep up
with it at all!

Good Luck :)

If you know that you're going to have a meal and go out for your sister's birthday then wait. Starting and then stopping again so soon is likely to lead to you finding it really hard to get back on the wagon, IMHO.

On the other hand you could start now and resolve not to eat with the others next week or have any alcohol. This isn't a diet that you can easily have a night off from. It sounds easy enough in theory but in practice it's really tough to do. Best to get at least a couple of weeks under your belt and then you'll find it easier not to give into temptation. Ideally you need to get to the point where you can happily sit with a bottle of water while others are eating and drinking.

How much weight have you got to lose?

Thanks everyone.
I really don't know what to do.
I think i am going to start it this week and just see how it goes, i think with the support i can see everyone gives each other on here it will spur me on.
Ive made a 'goals list' and made it a realistic one which hopefully means i will be able to cross things of it quite often(ish).

I have just under 3 stone i'd like to lose. I'm 12st 5lbs at the moment but im only 5ft 4 so i dont carry it very well.

I lost 5 stone on 'Herbalife' 2 years ago and came down to 9st 7lbs which is the 'healthy weight' for my height. I then became ill with glandular feaver and lost another half a stone and was advised to stop the diet...2 years later im back in my bad habits and 3 stone heavier.

Everyone tells me that you cant tell that ive gained that much weight because ive got a tiny waist but its my belly, arms and legs that i have a problem with. I just want my confidence back.

I will be starting on Thursday as I will be seeing my consultant tomorrow late in the evening. I think i'll start writing on here daily, i think it will help.

Sorry for 'blabbing on'...I didnt think id have anything to say but when i started typing I cant stop :)

Thanks everyone

Sian x

I'm really excited to start dieting tomorrow...
I probably wont be saying the same a few days in but i just want to get it started and get losing some pounds :)

Hope everyone is ok!!

Sian x

I'm really excited to start dieting tomorrow...
I probably wont be saying the same a few days in but i just want to get it started and get losing some pounds :)

Hope everyone is ok!!

Sian x

Congrats Sian for your decision. I did start it just before a birthday last year however I had tuna and salad no dressing used vinegar and I had a loss so you can do this!!! Good luck on your start. I have my first weigh in tonight xxxx

Congrats Sian for your decision. I did start it just before a birthday last year however I had tuna and salad no dressing used vinegar and I had a loss so you can do this!!! Good luck on your start. I have my first weigh in tonight xxxx

Ahh good luck with your weigh in... Lets hope its a good start. :)
I have cut down on my eating this week to prepare for the diet and have managed 3 lbs off so its a start haha.

I have worked out that if i was to lose an average of 2lbs a week ill reach my goal weight of 9.7lbs literally the week i go to butlins with the girls in June which would be perfect timing and i think its do-able :)

Feeling good this time round...i think joining this and reading everyones stories really helps.

i'll have an emotional 'last supper' tonight hahahha and then tomorrow BRING IT ON!!
Im hoping to do the whole 9 days 100% SS up until my sisters birthday but if i struggle ill try SS+.

Thanks for writing to me and for your support :)

Sian x

Ahh good luck with your weigh in... Lets hope its a good start. :)
I have cut down on my eating this week to prepare for the diet and have managed 3 lbs off so its a start haha.

I have worked out that if i was to lose an average of 2lbs a week ill reach my goal weight of 9.7lbs literally the week i go to butlins with the girls in June which would be perfect timing and i think its do-able :)

Feeling good this time round...i think joining this and reading everyones stories really helps.

i'll have an emotional 'last supper' tonight hahahha and then tomorrow BRING IT ON!!
Im hoping to do the whole 9 days 100% SS up until my sisters birthday but if i struggle ill try SS+.

Thanks for writing to me and for your support :)

Sian x

Awwww your welcome Sian and that is a great start you know!!! Tomorrow yup it's the first day of your new life. As for weigh in I lost 10lbs and amazing inches gone. 3 off my hips, 2 off bust, 1 off waist, half of arms and 1 off my thighs :) xxxx

Awwww your welcome Sian and that is a great start you know!!! Tomorrow yup it's the first day of your new life. As for weigh in I lost 10lbs and amazing inches gone. 3 off my hips, 2 off bust, 1 off waist, half of arms and 1 off my thighs :) xxxx

Aaahhh.wow that is an awesome loss, i bet your over the moon. It makes all the hard work seem worth it!! I just had my last supper but it didnt satisfy...didnt really need it, felt like i had to eat because im going into starvation which is complete nonsense.

Roll on day 1 :)

Hope ur ok x

Seem to be following you on the posts I am checking back on! Sian, good luck for tomorrow you can do this and as you say you can get nearly 10lb off before you trip to butlins x I will pop in tomorrow to see how you are doing x

Seem to be following you on the posts I am checking back on! Sian, good luck for tomorrow you can do this and as you say you can get nearly 10lb off before you trip to butlins x I will pop in tomorrow to see how you are doing x

Hahahahaha I felt like that earlier :) xxx

Have eaten anything and everything i could get my hands on tonight...had a proper binge and now i feel so sick!!!

Itll be so nice not to feel like this tomorrow,
I dont know why i do this to myself :(

Will hopefully wake up tomorrow feeling fresh and ready to attack xx

Hi Sian, don't stress about it. It's done with and you are taking measures tomorrow to correct it!

You will feel great when the overly full & bloated feeling is a thing I the past!

Good luck :)

Right....
Here goes...
Day 1 of the journey that will lead to hopefully a new me :)

Woken up still feeling bloated and sick from all i ate lastnight which is a good thing i suppose.
I have a chocolate bar with me for lunch today (I have to have the bars for work as i havent got a shaker, i will be blending my shakes at home) Should this affect the weightloss?

I weighed in this morning at 12.5lbs so i have exactly 40lbs to lose to reach my goal weight.
My BMI is 29.7 which is just under the border of overweight and obese so ideally id like to get it down to 23ish to get to my 'healthy weight'.

Wish me luck :)

xx

Back