I'm New Too

Dani

Hello Everyone.

I too am on Day 3 SS - my first time on CD. I found the first two days relatively easy - but feeling so miserable and hungry at the minute.

I'm 13.7 and need to lose 3 stones.

I am ravenous and could eat the table leg.

Is it supposed to be like this. Had 3litres of water today. But still feel crap.

Day 3 is often a toughy hun, you will get through it so please dont worry, well done on the water too, thats good going.

I am on day 123 or there abouts and I can remember day 3 and 4 like it was yesterday, get through these and you will be rocking.

does it get better

Does it actually get better - ie stop feeling so hungry, or do you just get used to it.

Thanks for the responses. Don't usually post on forums - but the kitchen is calling me very loudly at the moment and I have to distract myself.

Hi Dani

As Vicky has already said day 3 and 4 are two of the hardest days. When you are in Ketosis (usually happens after day 4)the hunger will go and you will get through it. The water is the secret ingrediant to this diet so keep glugging. It will be so worth it at your first weigh in.
Well done for making a start and post often as it helps to distract you from the evil fridge!!!!!!

Good luck

Jazzy x

thanks

I will suspend my disbelief for the moment.

You guys all got through it - so I'll take your word for it. I'll have to have a bit of will power

Without this - I am sure I would have given up today.This is very,very hard. I was so smug day 1 and 2 - it seemed easy!! lol.

don't know how I am going to get through this evening. may go to bed at 7 to avoid temptation!!

Trust me, the cravings go and you get energy too, my skin is better than it ever is and i feel 10 tears younger.

Keep posting on here!!!! If you look in weight loss diary my diary is on there from day 1, Its called NEW PHOTOS, My diary from day 1, It will give you an insite into how I felt, and if you dont fall asleep reading it it takes you all through my journey!!!!!

hI dANI
WELL DONE ON DAY 3 NEARLY THE WORST IS OVER ;) GO TO BED EARLY THEN DAY 4 IS HERE AND YOUR BE FEELING SO MUCH BETTER ((((HUGS)))))

XXC

I will suspend my disbelief for the moment.

You guys all got through it - so I'll take your word for it. I'll have to have a bit of will power

Without this - I am sure I would have given up today.This is very,very hard. I was so smug day 1 and 2 - it seemed easy!! lol.

don't know how I am going to get through this evening. may go to bed at 7 to avoid temptation!!

YOU HAVE TONS OF WILL POWER YOU ARE ON DAY 3 JUST MUSTA IT ALL TODAY AND YOU'LL BE IN DAY 4 VERY SOON..........DONT EAT OR YOU'LL FIND IT SO SO HARD TO GET BACK ON TRACK I PROMISE IT DOES GET EASIER OR PEOPLE COULDNT DO IT XXC

Dani, it won't be like this for much longer, and it seems the worse you feel starved then the better the ketosis is when it comes.
I absolutely agree with all the advice here, I felt totally foul just before ketosis, not so much from hunger but awful headaches. Then it goes, and now I can't really imagine feeling starving ever again. Try reading, hot baths , watching videos, anything to take your mind off it short-term, and you'll be there. I was slow and didn't reach ketosis till day 6, most people seem to get there faster.
Just stick with it, once you've got through these first days the rest is easy.

Hi Dani... I would do as clairejen recommends... baths. films, books, anything to distract you from temptation... once you get through this first week you will find it much easier.. honest.

I thought I was going to die on day 2 I was so ill... but it's day... um.. 37(ish) and I'm still managing! Believe me - if I can do this anyone can! lol

So... stick with it and you'll be fine. Good luck - we're all rooting for ya!

thanks for the support

Many thanks for the resposes

I was having a real wobble there - I am back now determined. Hopefully it won't be too bad on day 4/5 - I've drank some more water and feel now I might get through the evening.

As I've saide earlier, feel crap, all wobbl9y and am so ravenous I could eat anything......but I NOT GOING TO!!!

Welcome, well done at starting this. The first week is hard but once you get on those scales it's all worth it and then it's much easier. I never thought i'd be able to stick to it but i'm now starting maintenance. Good luck and keep up the good work

Keep us updated on how you are hun, cr@p and wobbly I sympathise with but it doesnt last long I promise x

HI babe
How are you feeling this morning?
Lots better I hope
As has been said the first 3/4 days are the hardest once you are in ketois thigs will get so much better,you will not feel hungey and you feel so full of go.
At the start I would split my packs as 6small meals made me feel fuller,also I had lots of warm drinks and shakes.found that helped as tummy felt warm and full
You are doing so well keep going babe and you will love the scales on your first weighin day.
When do you get weighed?
Let us know how you are doing.
Sending you positive vibes and hugs
{{{HUGS}}}

thanks everyone

Friday morning update -

I managed to get through day 3 without cheating or killing someone. It was very hard indeed.

Got up this morning and don't feel half as bad (not wonderful but definitely not as bad as yesterday) - if I stay like this all day I should be OK.

Peed on the stick things - went very pink which I'm assuming is good according to my notes.

Again thanks for all your messages yesterday - I was so near having a nibble you will never believe. It spurred me on not to give in.

I am not being weighed until a week on Monday (every two weeks) but on my own scales already lost 2lbs which is quite motivating.

All my friends are so negative about this diet it would be quite easy to give up - but I'm not.

My goal it to fit into two pairs of 16 trousers I bought in the summer when I was still in denial, lol, that in two years I had turned myself into a teletubby!

Well done, you've made it. In my experience I didn't find I was suddenly feeling wonderful, it took a while for the full effects to work through. But the hunger should be fading and controllable now, and your stomach will stop expecting food so that will make it easier still.
If the stick was very pink you could be a bit dehydrated so may need a bit more water intake. Drinking all the water was one of my hardest problems. But the flavourings help a lot.
Good luck with your goal and the whole journey, this forum really helps to make you realise you're not alone.

Back