I'm new

Lani22

Hi everyone, I'm joining up on Thursday. I have lost 4 stone following my own diet, put a stone back on and have been refocused for the last few months without losing a single lb so I thought I would try slimming world. I have about 2.5 stone to lose.
I have a few questions about SW and wondered if you could help me?

I understand that you need to do some home cooking which is fine for my evening meals but I really need easy lunch and breakfast ideas? Breakfast is a struggle for me as I don't like cereal or milk.

We have a few weekends away coming up and I'm a bit worried about how this would work in terms of SW, how do others cope when you need to come off the plan?

Takeaways, does anyone have the occasional one?

Any hints or tips would be much appreciated x

Hiya :) I'm 7 weeks in and 24.5 lbs down. To an extent you need to do lost of cooking but I don't complicate things too much, I keep it quite simple. Lots of meat and veg meals or slimming world chips. I dislike cereal and milk too so I often have a mushroom omelette with beans for breakfast with cooked tomatoes. You can have eggs and bacon etc as long as they're not cooked in oil/butter. After a week you'll soon adjust to the plan as I think it fits in with life so well. Good luck xx

Hiya and welcome! slimming world will work for you as long as you stay on plan. its very easy, you can eat so much food that sometimes its as if i have to go out of my way to "break it". you can have a SW fry which can be lean rashers, eggs, beans, mallons sausages if you like and toast. on top of all the free food you have 15 "syns" a day to use on things you fancy, you can still have take aways but you have to make smart choices whn you do to stay within your syns. I just came back from a weekend away, i drank every night and ate out i tried to make better choices and i ended up losing half a pound which i was delighted about considering i drank the bars dry!! good luck on your journey, this site has great support so stick around and don't be a stranger! x

Hello and good luck. For lunches you cant beat left overs from last nights dinner!

I almost always have fruit and yoghurt or fat-free fromage frais for breakfast. If I'm at work, lunch is usually couscous with some kind of bean and whatever salad/veg I've got in the fridge. I make a big bowl of couscous and it will keep in the fridge for a few days.

Thank you very much for taking the time to reply to me. I am looking forward to getting all my books etc on Thursday and getting going x

Back