I'm not sure how this will be recieved but.......

This is gonna sound quite horrid but has anyone had the total opposite effects to constipation? been like this since day 2 and i'm on day 6??? Just worried because I was expecting to be in the loo so long squeezing for my life! lol xx
Sorry i'm disgusting but it does concern me somewhat? xx

ok this is just a bit icky but sumtimes i get a little constipated and at other times when i go is the complete opposite and just have to get to the loo pretty quick lol :D;)

How long have you been on LT for and if you've recently started what was the last thing you ate?

If you are actually having extended periods of proper diarrhoea then be sure to keep your water intake up, try taking some immodium too and if its not sorted itself out within 24-36 hours go see a doctor.

If its just a one or two loose stools you've passed then I would put it down to the contents of your digestive tract doing odd things in reaction to LT if you've had any greasy/fatty stuff possibly.

I've only been on LT for 6 days and did binge a bit before hand you know last supper type thing but struggling to get more than two litres a day down as i hate water.
xx

Could just be the 'slurry' of your binge acting up then depending on what it was, timing isn't exactly out of the ordinary either as I didn't have to go about 2 weeks into LT, which was a tad unpleasant to say the least.

Try sparkling water instead of plain water and remember to drink little and often. If you focus on it you can fool yourself into thinking you are drinking a normal fizzy drink because the feeling is about the same, just no flavour or calories.

Hi, I'm on day 4 today and having this problem. It's awful, and I know it's probably tmi but I have two babies in nappies and the smell of their nappies have nothing on this... freaked out a bit. Sorry - I know that's gross, but just don't feel it's normal!
Bad stomach cramps too and thought I was going to be sick a few times. Hope t passes by morning because I really don't want to give up, I'd be really upset if they told me that.

Yes! I didn't want to mention the smell but it's pretty pungeant. I think i'll ask at my first weigh in tomorrow...bloody awful innit,must admit that my stomach cramps have settled now but i'm glad it not just me! If i find anything out i'll let you know. xx

Might take a bit longer than that to clear...might I ask do you get really eggy smelling burps as well?

About this time last year I had a weird gastric quirk, if I ate anything late at night (student lol) and then only got 2-3 hours sleep I could time it like clockwork that within 24 hours I would start getting gas, cramps, the runs and it would last about 16 hours. I started taking something called Benefibre, think the LT safe version is called Fibresure/Fibreclear. Within a week of taken the stuff the problem disappeared and since then its never come back after I made a small adjustment to my diet.

I'm not a medical practitioner but from experiance if you've both binged on 'sloppy' stuff before starting LT then it could just be a digestive 'slag' (as in by product from steel production, not a woman of low morals lol) stuck in you causing you problems.

I'd personally just stick it out, best to ring LT or speak to a doctor if it becomes a serious concern though.

Back