I'm Putting weight ON!! Please help!

Discussion in 'CD 1000-maintenance' started by AlyB, 7 February 2010 Social URL.

1. AlyB

AlyB Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st8lb
    Current Weight:
    13st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st9lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    SW?
    Hello all,
    I've been going up the plans as I should, did 810 for about 3 weeks, up to 1000 and now 1200 but I'm putting weight on!! I intend to maintain with w watchers as I'm already a gold member , and don't understand why I'm puttin weight on! It's not alot, half lb last week, but already my scales are going up instead of down! I'm slowly introducing carbs, and fruit etc, and I'm terrified of putting weight on again!
    Has anyone got any ideas or is this normal??
    Any help and advice would be great
    xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. sbridge7

sbridge7 Silver Member

Diet:
    Maintenance after CD
    Hey it's normal. I gained when I move up to 810 but it evens out; on 1000 I didn't gain but on 1200 I gained 1.5lbs, but it all evens out. When I moved up to 1500, the 1.5lbs came off but it may have taken longer due to me having totm. Don't panic. I know it's hard but it's not worth it. It gets you so worked up. It will come off; it just takes some time for your body to adjust. It will be water retention and not fat gain xxx

4. LisaP

LisaP Member

Diet:
    CD
    Hi AlyB, first of all congratulations on getting to this stage, it's not easy and you've done really well. It's so depressing following the plans and still putting on weight. :sigh:

I STS when I went from SS+ to 810, and I too am worried that I'll put on weight when I go up the plans. When I did CD last year I increased my exercise when I went up the plans (just 30 mins walk in the evening), and perhaps that stoped me putting on weight in the very first stages, so I'll have to drag myself out in the cold again :). Perhaps you could try to increase exercise just a bit or just give it time to settle down? Just a thought, and I'm sure we'll here from other with more ideas. Best of luck.

5. sbridge7

sbridge7 Silver Member

Diet:
    Maintenance after CD
    To be honest, I don't think exercise will make a difference as it's not fat gain. It's the refilling of the glycogen stores. In the first week of CD, the big loss comes from the depletion of your glycogen stores and water. Therefore when you introduce carbs it's inevitable that the stores will refill. Glycogen gain won't make a difference to how your clothes fit or the appearance of your body, as it's different to fat gain.

You can't gain fat on 1200, it's still low enough to burn calories as there is a net difference between 1200 and maintenance calories. The plan is designed so that it is low enough in calories for you to lose fat, whilst refilling your glycogen stores so it will all even out.

Hope that helps.

6. Laura Croft

Laura Croft Happily maintaining

Diet:
    Healthy eating, was CD
    You'll be fine. My first CDC told me to weigh myself after three days (ie once I was in ketosis) and the weight I'd lost at that point would be equal to my glycogen weight - normally a few lbs.

7. Porgeous

Porgeous Chilling

Start Weight:
    14st1lb
    Current Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st5lb(38.07%)
    Diet:
    CD SS
    Yep totally agree with this. Try not to worry it will sort itself out.

x

8. AlyB

AlyB Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st8lb
    Current Weight:
    13st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st9lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    SW?
    awww thanks for all the great replies!
    Its just sooo worrying seeing the scales going in the wrong direction!! im so desperate not to put weight on, and prove to those annoying people who said 'you'll put it all back on when you start eating again' etc..
    I know im never going to put on the 4st7lb ive lost, but even a few lb is worrying!
    Thanks to you all for your reassurance, I hope youre all right!! I have faith in you!!
    A x

9. mrsessex

mrsessex Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Aly... i gained about a pound i think it was going from SS+ to 810..no IDEA why as in my head.. 810 is the same as ss+!!!! annnyway... ive lost it now AND im eating extra... not doing 1000...but my own little thingy ....its working..but the scales are hardly moving lol but at least not up :D

You'll be fine xxxx

10. boardwitless

boardwitless Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st2lb
    'carb bounce' some people call it - I have just bought myself some body fat scales to put my mind at rest over this as they give weight and % of body fat which should stay constant. Don't know whether it will help though - just one more set of statistics to stress over :rolleyes:

*Shanny* likes this.
  11. Soel

Soel Final Time on Cambridge

Start Weight:
    12st3lb
    Current Weight:
    9st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st
    Lost(%):
    3st2lb(25.73%)
    Diet:
    CD - 1000 Step 3
    Just read this thread as I'll be going on 1000 soon and concerned also about gain. Bit disappointed that there is nothing to be done about it, just wait it out. No point in exercise then.

12. AlyB

AlyB Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st8lb
    Current Weight:
    13st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st9lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    SW?
    Hiya,
    yeah wait it out is the key!
    i did put on a few lbs, but since then my body has calmed down and im now loosing again!
    try not to panic like i did, it does work... its just alarming to see the scales going the wrong way for a while!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.