I'm Putting weight ON!! Please help!

AlyB

Hello all,
I've been going up the plans as I should, did 810 for about 3 weeks, up to 1000 and now 1200 but I'm putting weight on!! I intend to maintain with w watchers as I'm already a gold member , and don't understand why I'm puttin weight on! It's not alot, half lb last week, but already my scales are going up instead of down! I'm slowly introducing carbs, and fruit etc, and I'm terrified of putting weight on again!
Has anyone got any ideas or is this normal??
Any help and advice would be great
xx

Hey it's normal. I gained when I move up to 810 but it evens out; on 1000 I didn't gain but on 1200 I gained 1.5lbs, but it all evens out. When I moved up to 1500, the 1.5lbs came off but it may have taken longer due to me having totm. Don't panic. I know it's hard but it's not worth it. It gets you so worked up. It will come off; it just takes some time for your body to adjust. It will be water retention and not fat gain xxx

Hi AlyB, first of all congratulations on getting to this stage, it's not easy and you've done really well. It's so depressing following the plans and still putting on weight. :sigh:

I STS when I went from SS+ to 810, and I too am worried that I'll put on weight when I go up the plans. When I did CD last year I increased my exercise when I went up the plans (just 30 mins walk in the evening), and perhaps that stoped me putting on weight in the very first stages, so I'll have to drag myself out in the cold again :). Perhaps you could try to increase exercise just a bit or just give it time to settle down? Just a thought, and I'm sure we'll here from other with more ideas. Best of luck.

To be honest, I don't think exercise will make a difference as it's not fat gain. It's the refilling of the glycogen stores. In the first week of CD, the big loss comes from the depletion of your glycogen stores and water. Therefore when you introduce carbs it's inevitable that the stores will refill. Glycogen gain won't make a difference to how your clothes fit or the appearance of your body, as it's different to fat gain.

You can't gain fat on 1200, it's still low enough to burn calories as there is a net difference between 1200 and maintenance calories. The plan is designed so that it is low enough in calories for you to lose fat, whilst refilling your glycogen stores so it will all even out.

Hope that helps.

To be honest, I don't think exercise will make a difference as it's not fat gain. It's the refilling of the glycogen stores. In the first week of CD, the big loss comes from the depletion of your glycogen stores and water. Therefore when you introduce carbs it's inevitable that the stores will refill. Glycogen gain won't make a difference to how your clothes fit or the appearance of your body, as it's different to fat gain.

You can't gain fat on 1200, it's still low enough to burn calories as there is a net difference between 1200 and maintenance calories. The plan is designed so that it is low enough in calories for you to lose fat, whilst refilling your glycogen stores so it will all even out.

Hope that helps.

Yep totally agree with this. Try not to worry it will sort itself out.

x

awww thanks for all the great replies!
Its just sooo worrying seeing the scales going in the wrong direction!! im so desperate not to put weight on, and prove to those annoying people who said 'you'll put it all back on when you start eating again' etc..
I know im never going to put on the 4st7lb ive lost, but even a few lb is worrying!
Thanks to you all for your reassurance, I hope youre all right!! I have faith in you!!
A x

Aly... i gained about a pound i think it was going from SS+ to 810..no IDEA why as in my head.. 810 is the same as ss+!!!! annnyway... ive lost it now AND im eating extra... not doing 1000...but my own little thingy ....its working..but the scales are hardly moving lol but at least not up :D

You'll be fine xxxx

'carb bounce' some people call it - I have just bought myself some body fat scales to put my mind at rest over this as they give weight and % of body fat which should stay constant. Don't know whether it will help though - just one more set of statistics to stress over :rolleyes:

Just read this thread as I'll be going on 1000 soon and concerned also about gain. Bit disappointed that there is nothing to be done about it, just wait it out. No point in exercise then.

Hiya,
yeah wait it out is the key!
i did put on a few lbs, but since then my body has calmed down and im now loosing again!
try not to panic like i did, it does work... its just alarming to see the scales going the wrong way for a while!

Back