I'm really struggling...

alwyn

Silver Member
I just can't seem to stop eating at the moment, all the wrong things.

I'm not journalling my food, I'm not counting Syns, I KNOW I've put weight on (even though I was feeling rough on Wednesday so didn't go to class).

I start out a week with the right attitude, but it all goes to pot so quickly. I just don't have any staying power :cry:

It's taken me 9 months to get to a stone off - I've still got so long to go to target at that rate (I want to lose another 1st). In fact, it's going to be even further away at this rate.

I probably know everything you could possibly suggest to me, but I just can't see a way forward at the minute, and I really don't want to throw all my progress away!

Probably just needed to rant :(

Hiya hun. I can relate to this. For the past two weeks ive been feeling just like you described, but you will reach the point where you finally get your head into gear again and think to yourself 'right, enough is enough, I can do this' and you will get yourself back on track again. Youve obviously reached that point before as you decided to start SW! You can get that positivity back, it will return to you hun. Hugs xx

Thanks hun :)

I just don't want to get back to where I was before starting SW again, If you know what I mean!

I think I'm going to give one of the 7 day eating plans a go. Just so it forces me to have something!

Why dont you try to makes some excitibg SW recipies hun? Like proper nice comfort foods or something? That normally gives me the kick up the ass that I need to get going again! x

I was feeling a bit this way earlier ..... i`m full of cold and am just craving stodgey comfort foods ... !!!

Very nearly fell off the waggon but ... I realised today can be an EE day (instead od Red), and for tea my hubby is going to get an Indian (Lamb Rogan Josh <6.5 syns>) and i`m going to do slimming world chips <free> ... and its gonna fill the hole and the craving, come well with in my syns, and i may even have a cadburys Flake for pudding.

Its just about finding ways that make it work for you hun .... i`m sure you can x

I know how you feel, I'm on and off the wagon so much! I started back to class on we'd and have a target of just under 2 stone to lose!

I'm feeling so snacky this afternoon, so I got out the actifry and made a wee plate of chips!

I am exactly where you are... exactly. Have lost just over a stone in last 9 months and I've been really struggling to go forwards- and I've got a wedding frock I need to fit into!!! Been bouncing around the same few pounds.. really need to get moving now! Good luck! :)

You joined Slimming World for a reason - time to remember what those reasons where. Write them down somewhere.

I'm sure with the stone you've lost - you've also noticed some differences in yourself - think about them and write them down as well.

Now write another list... What/where you find it hardest to stay on plan. Next to each item - write a way around it. "Keep fruit to hand" could be one of them.

You can get where you want to be - if you want to. Remind yourself why you want to and use that to push through the bad times. If you're finding yourself getting tempted - refer back to this lists, and if that still doesn't help - ask yourself - "do i really want to eat this?" if the answer is yes then wait 5 minutes "do i still want this?". Wait another 5 minutes. "What will this mean to my results if i eat this? - is this acceptable to me?". If the answer is still yes - then have the fix rather then feeling that you are deprieving yourself. but more times then not - i suspect somewhere along the line the answer will be "no". (and by 15/20minutes - the urge to give in will probably have gone too anyhow).

Alwyn, just think back to when you wrote this:

"We still haven't sorted our wedding photos out because I think I look atrocious in them (back cleavage, yuck!). I was so disappointed with myself that I didn't have the willpower to lose the weight for my wedding day."

You don't want to go back to thinking or feeling this way. You know what you have to do young lady...so just jump back on the wagon and get on plan. You will feel miles better for doing so. Make sure to make some new dishes or something that may hit your sweet spot that is SW friendly.

You can do it...get that food diary up and running again- gonna keep my eye on you!

Hey there everyone!
I'm new to this minimins thing but it seems like a great forum to be able to share news and motivate one another, etc!
Alwyn - I totally know where you're coming from! It's so hard sometimes, I find it uncontrollable when I'm in one of my binge-modes, but you must try to remember 'nothing tastes as good as being thin feels!' (or whatever the saying is! :/ lol). Good luck, just try and stay focused!
I love slimming world and it's perfect for me because I have such an enormous appetite but I find it really hard to understand how it works and to feel motivated to carry on now my weight loss has slowed up!
Last weigh in and I had only lost 1 lb in 2 weeks (As I missed the previous week!) I was gutted because I exercised lots too. I think I may be eating too much of the free foods but I thought we were able to on this diet?! This week I'm trying not to have any (or hardly any) syns and see how things go. It can just be so hard sometimes can't it?! I want results now, I guess I just have to learn to be patient!
Any tips or advice I would be really grateful!
x Charlie x

Back