Im scared to eat on sw

jacqui35

Silver Member
Hi all

Im not scared as in such i will eat my 3 meals and have my hot cocoa and hifi at night for a chocolate fix, but im a slow loser and i think i have to face up to the fact i cant lose quickly and stop comparing myself to others.

Now ppl have said to me i dont eat enough, and then i say but if i ate any more i would of put more weight on (on days if i put 0.5lb on ) so i cant win.

Can anyone tell me if you on red/green and say i have no fruit in and im peckish is eating some ham/chicken is ok im just so scared to eat outside my 3 meal a day and like i said in past i sometimes can stomach a brekkie and if i let it could go till 4pm before eating and i have to force food down me as im not hungry at all, jesus i should be stick thin really

thanks in advance all xxxx i love the food i just want something to work :cry:

Hi Jacqui :wave_cry:

I've read quite a few of your posts and you remind me so much of myself!
I dont do breakfast, or if I do its not til lunch time, so instead I have a couple of Alpen lite bars during the day when I get the munchies using them as a heb, then for lunch I have a sarni with quorn chicken slice n salad n a packet of french fries (4.5 syns) that way i feel like i have a normal lunch n it fills me til t time but i still have the alpen bars if need b. I dont eat as much fruit as i should but try to get veg into me for dinner with pasta n tom sauce (with as much veg in as poss) then at about 8 i will have a muller light with a banana! that still leaves me plenty of syns for my choc fix or snak a jacks just before bed. I do green days cos i dont eat a lot of meat and even tho i dont eat as much fruit n veg as i should i have lost 6lb in 4 wks as long as i loose 1lb a week then i'm happy! not everyone looses 3-4lbs a week! i'm not eating all the crap n processed food as i was before so i must loose eventually.
keep on it and it WILL come off! x

I'm a picker, so I'll have breakfast, then snack on fruit until lunch! I'm ok after lunch til dinner, but after dinner I'll be wanting something sweet, so I'll have yogurt and bedtime cocoa with an alpen light or two, or a bowl of weetabix! My theory is that you use some calories to digest food, and if I don't snack I tend to overeat at the next meal. Try having a few small snacks, maybe it will boost your metabolism, it's worth a try anyway.

please do eat, the sw healthy eating plans are designed to give you all the benifits of healthy eating with the right nutrients, at the same time reducing your weight,
i know its a pain being a slow loser but your skin will "fit" your new shape better that way ;)
it is really amazing how eating so much can help you lose weight, im a green girl :D as i dont eat meat, so go for the quorn options, im also not a dessert person so add lots of fresh fruit (frozen berries from tescos are good and are ss foods) im losing weigh at a steady pace, and 8 months down the line feel much better, although i have problems with my body image :confused: still looking at the size 28/30 clothes, and not looking in mirrors, but maybe that will pass..nice complients too are hard to deal with for me
just keep going, write down what you eat and you will get the results you want
good luck with your journey :)

Hi Jacqui
from a fellow slow looser (2lbs in 3 months) I have been reading about the advantages of eating little and more often as a way of getting your metabolism ticking over at a steady pace. By leaving long periods between food it may well be that your metabolism has ground to a halt saving every morsel from your last meal as it doesn't know when the next one is on its way. You could try for a week eating half size meals but having twice as many of them. Going without food from the evening to the following day at 4 pm is a recipe for slowing your metabolism for several days until it gets the message that food is plentiful and will be arriving frequently xx

Hi Jacqui
from a fellow slow looser (2lbs in 3 months) I have been reading about the advantages of eating little and more often as a way of getting your metabolism ticking over at a steady pace. By leaving long periods between food it may well be that your metabolism has ground to a halt saving every morsel from your last meal as it doesn't know when the next one is on its way. You could try for a week eating half size meals but having twice as many of them. Going without food from the evening to the following day at 4 pm is a recipe for slowing your metabolism for several days until it gets the message that food is plentiful and will be arriving frequently xx

I'd agree with Rosie.

You could try buying frozen fruit (I buy mine at Aldi as it's cheaper) as you only get out what you will eat & there is less waste & try mixing it with other things you do like, say, rice, couscous, yoghurts.:)

Thank you all so much for advice i really appreciate it.

If i was losing 1lb a week i would be over the moon, just hope i lose something this week even if not a sts as not totally been good since last weight in and missed wednesday wi to, but when im on red i do tend to eat every 2 hours as im hungrier on red and when on green im more full, but i will try the 2 hour rule and get something down me hopefully

thanks again xxxx

What about something like soup if you get peckish in the afternoon? I always find they fill me up, and sometimes I just can't bare to eat another piece of fruit!!

And what about something like a stew on a red day? i always jam pack them with loads of veg and beef which fill me up for ages.

Or some tiger prawns to munch on during the day?

What about something like soup if you get peckish in the afternoon? I always find they fill me up, and sometimes I just can't bare to eat another piece of fruit!!

And what about something like a stew on a red day? i always jam pack them with loads of veg and beef which fill me up for ages.

Or some tiger prawns to munch on during the day?

Oh so basically this is what i mean, if i do a stew and if i fancy some before tea when i should have it, its okies to eat a bit before if fancy it, but never thought i have a slow cooker maybe filling that up with stuff and loads of big veggies, not keen on tiger prawns but love normal ones and thats okies inbetween meals if im peckish??? :D

That's what I do! make the stew/soup earlier in the day and i'm forever popping in the kitchen having bits if i'm peckish!

And on red days i munch on things like prawns/ham/chicken if i fancy something other than fruit.

was listening to radio the other day and they were talking about how kelly osbourne lost a lot of wait and she says her secret was eat half an apple before going to bed that kept her metabolism ticking over till morning

was listening to radio the other day and they were talking about how kelly osbourne lost a lot of wait and she says her secret was eat half an apple before going to bed that kept her metabolism ticking over till morning

No idea who she is, but clearly her grasp of basic science is a bit shaky!! If her metabolism doesn't "tick over" on its own until morning she won't be waking up!!!

No idea who she is, but clearly her grasp of basic science is a bit shaky!! If her metabolism doesn't "tick over" on its own until morning she won't be waking up!!!
Thank you that really made me laugh!!

Back