I'm so ashamed! feel so low! 7lb gain!!!

Tanya c

Hi all,

I have had a good 2 weeks of eating everything I've wanted and then it was my birthday on the 5th of sept.
Went back to class this week to find out I've put on 7lbs, that's 3lbs heavier than when I started.
As it's only been about a month since I joined I had lost 5lb and wasn't ecstatic about that but was ok with it. However, now I've put that back on and more! I'm gutted:cry:

Could this just be bloating and water retention? It is my star week in a couple of weeks
would really value your opinions and advice xxx

Just jump back on the SW train honey, you've had your birthday treat and hopefully enjoyed it, and if you hadn't been to SW then you might have put 7lb on, ontop of what you weighed before.

And obvioulsy it could be a bit of bloating, I'm sure you'll loose the weight, and more!

You'll be great x

i had a wedding at the weekend and i'm sure i have put weight on too, just try and get back on track and with a bit of luck next week will be a lot better and maybe bloating or time of the month has made a difference to your weight as well.

It is so easy to put 7lb on in a fortnight if you go off plan. Don't worry about it, you can't change what has been done. Get back on track right away, stick to plan all week and see what next week brings you.
It will come back off, don't worry.

PS 5lb in a month is good, nice and steady is the best way to lose. xx

Thank u everyone! feel a little better x

Oh you poor thing, I'm so sorry to hear this it really does feel terrible - but its easily fixed!

i tried so hard to start my diet on the 1st September and it all went horribly wrong because i had a horrible time at work and all sorts of things happened and that meant my little paws went straight for the biscuits, wine, chocolate, curry!

Look at it this way your still in the early days - it does happen, during my first stint of losing weight, i put loads back on (five years ago i was at my ideal weight - and all 4stone of it has crept back on, damm you chocolate and wine) - but you just have to say "ok it happened" and get back on the diet, Im going to start again today, no more excuses - just start again from now, put it down to experience and remember how fabulous it felt to lose that weight, that is sure to spur you on!

good luck!

Thank u x

Hi Tanya

Just to let you know I had a 7lb gain after a fortnight's holiday and it came off again really quickly (I think because it had gone on quickly).

Try not to punish yourself this week for last week's slip up. It's in the past now!

All the best for this week
Christine xx

sorry totally not anything to do with the post but your little baby grandsons are beautiful :)

Huge hugs.

Try to draw a line under it and start again.

Now you've got your B'day and holidays out of the way you have a clear run up till Xmas :)eek: ) Just put it down to experience and start again, it will soon drop off. Do a food diary to make sure you're on plan, and try and get a little exercise.
Everyone (almost) puts on on B'days and hols, our consultant put 12lbs on on her holiday :eek:

XX I symphatise with you, a gain is only a gain for that week, step off the scales and next week starts try not to remember all the bad feelings, think about how good you felt when you lost the 5 lbs before, if you concentrate on the good you will feel better, just stick to the plan honey, make sure you weigh and measure what you need too, it is the little extras's here and there that add up with out you noticing
Take care and have a good week, xx

I agree with the others Hun. No point beating yourself up over it, its done now.
The most important thing is that you get back on track and make sure that you keep a dairy.

Good luck and it will come back off again.

x

2 weeks and 7lb in the grand scheme of things is nothing to get upset about, frustraiting as it is, just start afresh and take it from here. Learn from those 2 weeks and note where you went wrong for next time. Hopefully you will have a clear run for a while which will boost your confidence and make you more determined to succeed. Good luck hun. xx

Thank u I'm feeling better! thanks for all the support...next week here I come xxx

Back