I'm so happy but scared :()

Madison

Hi there,
I'm new to SW and this evening is my first WI. Although I've been saintly and my halo is sparkling I'm petrified!! I'm an ex WWatcher. I've tried the new ww plan and although I lost some weight I just didn't think much of the leader and the whole set up. A friend suggested SW and I'm so happy that I joined. Leader is lovely, people at group are lovely. Can't believe we can have so much food. It's been years since I've had a baked potato and boy do they taste good :) I've 2.5 stone to loose and hoping to have it gone by my hols in mid September. Do you think this may be an unrealistic goal? I know slow and steady losses are what we're after. Would love to hear your views and tips and get an idea of other peoples looses. Thanks so much in advance if you're reading this and for any helpful hints and tips. x

Welcome to both Slimming World, and MiniMins :D

I'm sure you'll feel right at home here - there are some wonderful people who are always willing to help.

I dont think your goal of 2.5 stone by mid september is unrealistic at all. From now until the 15th of September, if you lose just 2lb per week you will hit your target of 2.5 stone.

Keep focused and keep motivated, and you WILL get there :winner:
xx

Hiya - welcome to SW!!

I wanted to lose weight for my holiday's last year, joined SW in Jan & by the time I went on holiday in June, I had shifted 4 stone!! I mainly stuck to red days, with just the occasional green day. For me personally, ee just wern't resricted enough.

I made sure I drank plenty of fluids & tried to keep syns for treats so I didn't feel deprived!! I used my syn's as a daily allowence rather than weekely.

Also - in the begining, while getting my head around the plans & learning the syns, I used to draw up a menu for the week with my meals so I wasn't cought short & ended up eating high synned foods!

Good luck I am sure you will love the plans :)

hi hun im sure you will be fine i see lots of new members who come back after the 1st week and just jump for joy to know just how much sw works many have made good friends and the support at the groups i run is second to non...just read some weight lose stats and your goals are very reachable,
remember a walk of a thousand miles starts with a single step :)

Thank you all so much for your kind words of encouragement and wisdom. Only 2 hours to go till weigh in. At this moment in time I just want to get it done and dusted. Roll on the coming weeks :) you've all had such great results and are so inspiring. I think as someone mentioned after the next 3 weeks of EE I'll mostly likely switch to red days with the occasional green thrown in for good measure. Thanks again. Looking forward to more posting and loosing the lbs :) x

Back