Im Sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackie r

I am so sorry if I have offended anyone on the site by discussing my opinions of LL. I am in a very bad place at the moment, having come here for support, and finding that because I have a different view to some I am shouted at.
If people had read my post properly they would have understood that I am on the edge at the moment, and am having difficulties staying on the good side of a very dark place.
Today is very difficult for me and I am just about hanging in not just on the diet but with myself.
I think for the time being it would be better if I left the boards for a while.

Jackie - please don't leave the boards!!!

We value everyone's opinion and if that is your experience, then it's a valid point for you to discuss.

I understand all too well how your emotions can overtake you and drag you down. I truly hope that your new counsellor can help you feel more accepting of your concerns and enables you to feel happier and in more control of your life.

xxxxxxx

Dont leave sweetie everyone is entitled to their own opinion after all this is a discussion forum for people to express opinions. You havent did anything wrong.

I wish you well with your new counsellor it makes all the difference if you get a good one

xxx

i made a joke on the WW board and got cyber lynched .....and never posted again so i know how you feel please continue to post pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase

You need somewhere to come and vent! Everyone is entitled to their own opinions... and it's only natural at times we won't all agree with things!

That's why it helps when there are people who are open minded!

Hope ur feeling a bit better now hun... we are all here to offer you support... especially when u are finding it really tough!!!

love bbfm
xxx

I am unaware of what you said or the reaction you had but I certainly think you should try to put it behind you and please continue to use the forum. You have had fantastic weightloss and are so close to your goal. Please don't do anything to jeopardise that and please share your future success with us.

Whatever else is difficult for you right now, you have had fantastic success with your weightloss don't underestimate that!

Hoping to hear again from you.

Hi Jackie,
I've just read the other thread. I took what you said to be your opinion - you didn't offend me! It would be a shame if you went, don't do it!!
SM

Here is the link for the thread concerned so you can get the full picture.

http://www.minimins.com/cambridge-diet-forum/3359-i-need-serious-help.html#post47678

Despite being a big fan of LL I accept that it isn't for everyone (as per a previous post on the thread) and managed to write a couple of well balanced non-judgemental post with some of the pros and cons of both diets being discussed.

This is the quote from Jackie r that I take offence to.

"I have managed CD quite well for the last 4 and a bit weeks, I did LL for the 100 days, but the CBT isn't that good and just identifies what you already knew."

At no point would I ever describe anyone elses choice of diet as 'not that good' which is very offensive for those that have got a new lease of life through it :(

The CBT on LL did not identify what Ialready knew despite the assertion in the above statement that this would be the case.

But what I now find even more offensive is the starting of a new thread for the express purpose of gaining the sympathy vote :mad:

I am not offended by the opinion of this lady that the LL CBT was crap for her, but I am offended by the insinuation that everyone will feel this way by the use of the word 'you' rather than 'I'.

Even I, as pro LL as I am, managed to write a balanced post about which diet is 'best' on that thread and I refuse to drop to the level of saying that LL is the best diet in the world or rubishing other diets on the market even if others don't see fit to show the same respect I have.:mad:

Here is the link for the thread concerned so you can get the full picture.

http://www.minimins.com/cambridge-diet-forum/3359-i-need-serious-help.html#post47678

Despite being a big fan of LL I accept that it isn't for everyone (as per a previous post on the thread) and managed to write a couple of well balanced non-judgemental post with some of the pros and cons of both diets being discussed.

This is the quote from Jackie r that I take offence to.

"I have managed CD quite well for the last 4 and a bit weeks, I did LL for the 100 days, but the CBT isn't that good and just identifies what you already knew."

At no point would I ever describe anyone elses choice of diet as 'not that good' which is very offensive for those that have got a new lease of life through it :(

The CBT on LL did not identify what Ialready knew despite the assertion in the above statement that this would be the case.

But what I now find even more offensive is the starting of a new thread for the express purpose of gaining the sympathy vote :mad:

I am not offended by the opinion of this lady that the LL CBT was crap for her, but I am offended by the insinuation that everyone will feel this way by the use of the word 'you' rather than 'I'.

Even I, as pro LL as I am, managed to write a balanced post about which diet is 'best' on that thread and I refuse to drop to the level of saying that LL is the best diet in the world or rubishing other diets on the market even if others don't see fit to show the same respect I have.:mad:

I can totally understand what you're getting at in your post, but it can be quite difficult sometimes to accurately say what you want to say on the internet - it's especially easy to make generalisations that if you were to say out loud in a group, would sound less prescriptive ifkwim! You're especially eloquent in your posts so I can see why you might take offense but I honestly don't get the feeling that the OP meant to offend anyone. I don't think she would have stuck to LL for 100 days if she really thought it was as bad as all that!

Might it just be easier to forget about it and move on (not you specifically - all of us!). Let's face it, we've all got bigger worries than this and the best thing about this board is the mutual support.

This post is meant in good faith! :)

Hi Jackie

First of all i hope youre feeling in a better place today and that youre doing alright

secondly - and this may be out of line for me a little bit seeing as i am a newbie here, but i feel that jackies phrase but the CBT isn't that good and just identifies what you already knew is just typed the way most of us speak

i doubt she means YOU personally - but instead - 'what one already knew' - lets face it unless you are ( one is ) aristocracy, how many of us speak that way?

anyway thats just the way i read it

if we were reversing her phrase and she said - the cbt is fab it helps you identify what you didnt know - would we be offended at the use of the word YOU then??

just my take on it : )

I agree with most of the other postings above. I think when writing on messenger or forums things can come across wrong or even can be read wrong. Also if Jackie is going through a dark time at the momment I feel we should all either try to support her even if some people feel the things written are a bit negative, then just post that u dont necissarly agree as when you are very low EVERYTHING seem negative. I have been in the depth of depression in the past and it aint a nice place to be. So lets forgive, forget and move on with heap's of support. Jackie plz keep posting and stay with us, u have done so well hunny.

I agree, i definately don't think it was meant to cause offense to anyone. It seems a shame that it was picked up in that way when her post seemed very genuine, to me anyway.
Keep posting, i hope you manage to get yourself out of that 'dark place' very soon.

This site is so supportive and i love reading everyone's posts, it's great motivation.

Hi Jackie,

It all a storm in a tea cup really?? Not to undermine anyones's feelings or opinions but we are all big girls and can move on.

Jackie - I also suffer from depression and I find this site a little sanctuary in what are some times tough days.

Dont go - we all want you to keep posting please keep this in perspective.

xx

Thank you all for your support and thoughts, as Andi says we are all big girls, I would just like to add this forum is for us to seek support and information, each of us is entitled to their own opinion, and sometimes we need to disagree, however we are here to support each other first, Chicken and I may disagree, I disagree with my husband frequently, it doesn't stop me loving him, our disagreement isn't the reason for me taking a break from the boards, that is my problem, highlighted by how I reacted to chickens post. I need to get my head into the right place before posting. I am not leaving just taking a reflective look at myself for a day or two to enable me to face some personal demons. Please don't take offence or blame anyone, this is my problem and I'll be back as soon as I reslove it. If its those damn hormones again I'll...... Oh why was I born a woman"

What I love more than anything is that everyone has felt able to see this for what it is without major affront.

Thank you all for being so mature about it all, and not getting into 'he said, she said'. This is what makes Minimins the place that it is - there is no them or us, we are all in it together albeit travelling slightly different roads.

It's all forgotten.

I was offended and you have apologised although there was hardly any need to start up new thread for that that as just posting on the same thread would have surficed.

My initial offence should have been expressed in a PM and I apologise unreservedly that I didn't do this in the first instance because this whole debarcle should have been kept private.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back