I'm Struggling So Much :-( Need help...

Surfhunny

Laugh in the face of food
Hi everyone, I'm sorry this is going to be a long moany post:wave_cry:.

I'm really struggling to get back on track after the weekend. I had a planned day off for my goddaughters Christening on Sunday. I feel absolutely terrible because I had every intention of getting straight back on track on Monday but the medical reps brought in cream cakes, and I managed to justify having one. Then today one of the staff members was retiring so there was a buffet organised for her and it's considered really bad form not to attend. I took my tetra but as soon as I walked in I knew I couldn't stop myself.:cry:

I keep thinking to myself that I can do SW or WW and lose 2lbs a week and still eat and enjoy myself instead of restricting myself and feeling guilty when I can't eat at functions etc. It seems that everytime I get started and feel positive something crops up. My friends are less than supportive and say things like 'one night off won't hurt' but they have no idea how hard it is to get back on track after that one night.

I'm actually so fed up right now I could cry:cry:, I just want to lock myself away for a month and get on with the diet alone, but I can't it's my best friends birthday soon and everyone is going out for a meal and drinks, I've never missed her birthday and I really don't want to miss this one, but I have no idea what to do. Last time I did CDC I started in August 08 and most of my family birthdays etc are in the first half of the year so I found it easy.

I really want to be at target for my birthday at the end of May, but the way things are going it's never going to happen and the only reason I do CD is because of the great losses first time round. But this time it's not happening for me. 2lbs a week is soul destroying when I think about it. I'm not sure why the losses are so low this time round, I'm tending to blame the Pill because I wasn't on it last time, but I don't know if it's true.

I'm also scared to death that I've messed up my metabolism. Last year I was doing 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off because my boyfriend worked off shore, and I found it easy to stick to it when he was away and have treats when he was home. But since we split up in December I put a stone on and decided to go for it on CD properly, but I can't seem to shift more than 2lbs a week, no matter how perfectly I stick to it. Is my metabolism screwed:confused:?

And now because of my stupid drinking session on Sunday I've put on 7lbs. I'm so gutted, I can't seem to get out of this self-destruct cycle I'm in and I hate it. I want to have a good loss just once to spur me on a bit, to prove that it can be done. I feel so miserable right now:cry:. To top it all off my CDC is away and I have no one I can talk to about how I'm feeling at the moment, because no-one really approves of this diet. I really wanted to prove to my CDC that I could do this while she was away and not put on weight like I have done every other time she's been away, but yet again I've failed:break_diet:I don't know what to do, I feel so bad. I know people will say don't beat myself up about it, which is exactly what I'd say to others, but it just feels totally hopeless at the moment.:cry:

hey surfhunny you sound very down give yourself a break we all know how bloody hard this diet is and you are only human.

you have lost so much weight already that you should be very proud of yourself.
Try and keep your distance from friends who are unsupportive for awhile we know one night dose hurt the diet and you end up down a rocky road.

Why not plan to go out for your friends birthday and eat a low carb meal. That way you wont have a disaster.

But there will always be functions, buffets, parties nights out etc this is something you have to sacrifice for a small while to gain a huge amount.

Hope you are ok darling and if you decide you still want to stay on CD just start back fresh tomorrow and if you need to eat have something on the 810 plan

Big hugsxxxxxxx

Slim4life

I know exactly where your coming from, i started in sept last year and quit!

You started this for a reason! And thats what you have to think of stop lookin at this likke u have to do this by may, look at it like u have to do this until tomorrow cos today is just today if u wanna eat tomorrow you can!
Try thinking about this time next year and that you could be at goal by then!
Try writing a list of why u wanna lose weight! Or do something that normally makes u feel good (not eating tho lol) because when i do this it makes me positive and i think i can do this!

Its all in your head hun, its all in mine to!

I have a mates bday on sunday go for a meal every year, but im not this year, if it upsets her im sorry but ill happily take her to get her nails done instead or something like that if she is that good a mate she will understand!
Maybe try ss+ for a week give ur body some proper food for it to get back on track!

Just take each day as it comes, you have done SOOOO WELL so far!

xXx

Thanks for your positive words. I'm terrified of staying this weight for the rest of my life. I know I've done really well so far, and I'm a long way from where I was when I started, but I feel like I'm stuck at 14 stone, and I can't get beyond it. It's definitely a mental block there.

I feel aweful, the photo's from the christening where horrible and i think instead of spurring me on, it's just added to me feeling miserable about myself. I want to get this last little bit off but the slow losses are frustrating me beyond all belief.

dont see it as a failure. i have days off but i have had to accept that i will lose less because of it. once you reconcile yourself with this fact you will find it easier, much easier. the 7lb gain will come off easily, you know that. as for the 2lb losses, thats a good weeks loss for me and overall they all add up. i was feeling crap a few weeks ago and then out of the blue i lost 5lbs one week. wow, that was a boost. hang in there girl, dont give up on yourself.

as for the pill,, i dont know the answer to that but the times in my life when i have been on it i have always gained weight and am sure it causes changes in weight.

Aw, Hunny, I'm sorry you feel so low. This diet is so hard and draining at times and it is the losses that spur you on. I know nothing I say will actually make any difference, but try weighing out 2 pounds of oil and just look at what you've achieved. Imagine it not being in your body anymore. You are doing great each week.

The weight you've gained this week could be down to changes in scales (if your CDC is away I assume you weighed at home) or the pill, but if it is due to your blips this week then most of it is Glycogen weight and will come off almost as easily as it went on once you are off carbs and back in Ketosis again.

I had a blip this week and I'm dreading weighing tomorrow. I'm sure I will have gained, but I've made myself get back on the SS plan for the past 2 days and feel more in control again. Hopefully that means my gain won't make me as low when I weigh (we'll see tomorrow I guess).

Drink lots of water, stick to the program and try and write a list of positive things about yourself. Believe me I know it's hard to look positively on ourselves sometimes, but try.

Hugs x

Everyone is different and losses may pick up over the coming weeks. I only ever lose around 1lb a week doing WW or SW which is why i'm forever coming back to CD. In my case I feel I have to take food out of the equation in order to succeed getting to my goal, although it is very hard when friends and family are constantly telling me to just eat healthy or cut out the c**p because CD will not work in the long run but I know this will not work for me, I keep telling myself I will get my weight off quickly, keep it off and prove everyone wrong which helps me to keep going.

Only you know what is right for you but maybe give the diet a bit longer before giving up. :)

Do you not find that with things like WW and SW you still try to justify having a cheat? I know I do, which is why I'll lose maybe 5lb eating healthily and then put it on again in a night!

I try not to think of CD as just a way of losing weight really quickly, but more focus on the fact that when you're in ketosis you don't get hungry, so it makes losing weight easier even if the losses aren't always exactly what you want.

Hi everyone, I'm sorry this is going to be a long moany post:wave_cry:.

I'm really struggling to get back on track after the weekend. I had a planned day off for my goddaughters Christening on Sunday. I feel absolutely terrible because I had every intention of getting straight back on track on Monday but the medical reps brought in cream cakes, and I managed to justify having one. Then today one of the staff members was retiring so there was a buffet organised for her and it's considered really bad form not to attend. I took my tetra but as soon as I walked in I knew I couldn't stop myself.:cry:

I keep thinking to myself that I can do SW or WW and lose 2lbs a week and still eat and enjoy myself instead of restricting myself and feeling guilty when I can't eat at functions etc. It seems that everytime I get started and feel positive something crops up. My friends are less than supportive and say things like 'one night off won't hurt' but they have no idea how hard it is to get back on track after that one night.

I'm actually so fed up right now I could cry:cry:, I just want to lock myself away for a month and get on with the diet alone, but I can't it's my best friends birthday soon and everyone is going out for a meal and drinks, I've never missed her birthday and I really don't want to miss this one, but I have no idea what to do. Last time I did CDC I started in August 08 and most of my family birthdays etc are in the first half of the year so I found it easy.

I really want to be at target for my birthday at the end of May, but the way things are going it's never going to happen and the only reason I do CD is because of the great losses first time round. But this time it's not happening for me. 2lbs a week is soul destroying when I think about it. I'm not sure why the losses are so low this time round, I'm tending to blame the Pill because I wasn't on it last time, but I don't know if it's true.

I'm also scared to death that I've messed up my metabolism. Last year I was doing 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off because my boyfriend worked off shore, and I found it easy to stick to it when he was away and have treats when he was home. But since we split up in December I put a stone on and decided to go for it on CD properly, but I can't seem to shift more than 2lbs a week, no matter how perfectly I stick to it. Is my metabolism screwed:confused:?

And now because of my stupid drinking session on Sunday I've put on 7lbs. I'm so gutted, I can't seem to get out of this self-destruct cycle I'm in and I hate it. I want to have a good loss just once to spur me on a bit, to prove that it can be done. I feel so miserable right now:cry:. To top it all off my CDC is away and I have no one I can talk to about how I'm feeling at the moment, because no-one really approves of this diet. I really wanted to prove to my CDC that I could do this while she was away and not put on weight like I have done every other time she's been away, but yet again I've failed:break_diet:I don't know what to do, I feel so bad. I know people will say don't beat myself up about it, which is exactly what I'd say to others, but it just feels totally hopeless at the moment.:cry:

right. dust yourself off right now girly! maybe you should do the 810 plan for a week then the ss+ then ss, if you need to . go backwards down the plan. as for your friends birthday do the 810 plan. you stay in ketosis. eat something sensible and don't beat yourself up. the 7lbs is water retention. get right back and it'll drop off.

it is so hard when your CDC is away. last time my cdc was away for 2 weeks i did well but then found out i was pregnant and then felt sick etc etc.

p.s you have not failed. failure is when you totally give up and don't care. you DO care and you CAN DO THIS! remember we are all here for you.

p.s, if you need to meet up or ring me let me know through and PM me. i'll keep you busy lol.

together as a CD group we can do anything, even conquer the world lol!

Thank you Hun, I really appreciate it xx I've been ok today, spent the day with my mum, went up to Dalton Park for a bit of retail therapy. That place is obesity heaven, Starbucks, Thorntons, Subway, Millies Cookies all there, but we avoided them all. Think mum could tell I'm not myself cos she's being ultra supportive at the moment bless her.

Tomorrow I should be ok too, going into M'bro with my friend who's doing Exante, and she's got iron willpower so it'll be black coffee for us in Starbucks! I'm getting there I think looking forward to getting back into ketosis cos I'm starving right now!!!!

Thanks everyone for your help I really appreciate it I just get so frustrated with myself sometimes, and I can't even blame my hormones this week.

Back