I'm stuck!

Determinationiskey

Have stayed the same weight the last 2 weeks. Not cheated (much;)) Only difference has been TOTM. This makes it harder to reach goal. At least haven't put on any....I really do hope the weight starts to come off again.:S

when you say you haven't cheated "much", what does that mean? Because even a few bites of something that you shouldn't have or a few sticks of chewing gum can kick you out of ketosis which will slow your weight loss down. Obviously TOTM can mean that you retain water which will affect weight loss but as soon as that's over you should see results again.

I'm doing WS so haven't really cheated...gum and skimmed milk mainly what has been added. To make hot drinks palatable and help with dry mouth. Although no change to skales clothes fit better so maybe all isn't lost yet!!:)

Milk is ok but gum is one of those things we're not allowed, apparently it produces gastric juices and takes you out of ketosis.

Have had gum & milk since I started and had been loosing so it's never affected things before. Will check for ketones and c if I'm still there. Thanks for the advice

Even if you're knocked out of ketosis it shouldn't really affect your losses. Loss is based on kcals in and out

Ketosis reflects a reduction in the number of cals going in I guess that's y I thought it may be worth checking....I haven't checked for ketones yet will just see what the scales show next week. Thanks:)

Back