Im stuck!

Gemma1986

Im just me!
Since i have started sw in 6 weeks i have lost 9lb. But i loose one week then i put on the next as keep loosing the plot of a weekend. Can anyone give me any advice?

Hi Gem

When I started I had weeks like this and it is only in my last 3 WI's where there have been consecutive losses! It's gone like this:

Week 1: -2.5lbs :)
Week 2: +0.5lbs :confused:

Week 3: -4lbs :D
Week 4: +0.5lbs :confused:
Week 5: -1.5lbs :D
Week 6: -0.5lbs :) (*week)
Week 7: -3lbs :D

Weekends have been my big downfall on the + weeks... I let the other half 'sabotage' me and gave into the calls of Dominos and the such like! However since I out on in week 4 I've asked myself how important is it to me that I lose weight... and the answer is very important!

I'm not losing weight for my other half, I'm doing it for myself and my little boy. I owe it to both of us to make sure I change my attituide towards food.

What is it about the weekend that makes you not stick to plan?

What day do you weigh in Gemma? I have found this a bit crucial. I lost six and a half stone three years ago and then we moved and I changed groups. I liked the leader and the group but the weigh in was Thurs eve and the old one was Mon day. I started weighing in when I swapped groups, on Thurs eve and would lose the plot til Mon morning. I think in my mind I thought , oh I have til Thurs now. I would lose maybe half a pound or put on a half and eventually left and three years later here I am back at square one. I go to a day group now and weigh in tues morning. I find that really helps me as I am good over the weekend as I am weighing first thing Tues and the weekdays I have always found easier to stay on track.

The other thing I have found for me along the way was mix to max. I have never lost very much weight on green days and just go over the top on rice, jackets and stuff and dont eat so much veg, which I find really helps with my losses, but I like green. Every day I do mix to max and have either lunch or dinner in green and do the other in red. Breakfast is usually neutral or red if I do bacon and eggs etc.

I always use my sins and do 20 syns at weekends to give a bit more room and 15 during the week which i know is over but I am quite heavy, can you switch your syns so you have a bit more at the weekeknd?

I often have something treaty at the weekend. We might have a nice piece of steak or salmon. I sometimes have the light babybels with some grapes a couple of medjool dates and a small glass of wine. I buy the little bottle so between us we cant do much damage with it.This make it feel like the weekend foodwise for me.

Dont know if any of that helps but they are the things I find help me.

Thanks for your replies. i am good till saturday evening then i go crazy for some reason with food i have 9lb to get me back to my target and i am woundering if this is why i am like this.
I was doing mix2max but for some reason i dont understand this 100% i think i have confused my self with this.

Mix to Max. Do as normal but just decide to do what plan for each meal. Snack on superfree or count higher syn value given. Count the syns in the main course of the meal for that colour but any syns at other times on the higher syn value. I am always luking around here so ask away for any mix to max probs, I lost really well on this before and seems to be same this time!

Mix to Max. Do as normal but just decide to do what plan for each meal. Snack on superfree or count higher syn value given. Count the syns in the main course of the meal for that colour but any syns at other times on the higher syn value. I am always luking around here so ask away for any mix to max probs, I lost really well on this before and seems to be same this time!

Oh i think i understand it now. Thats where i gone wrong. I fort if i was having pasta and a sauce for lunch it would be the highest so i was thinking it was 22 when really its only one if i have a green lunch!
Thanks alot xx

Back