I'm sure this has been asked a million times but.......

teebeexxx

I'm a SAHM with very little money and twins to support. Can anyone recommend a VLCD which will give good, quick results (I have 7-8st to lose) and not cost the earth?

Failing that, does anyone want to buy my twins :) just kidding!!

teebeexxx

You have 7 stone to lose. That is 98lb. If you were to lose an average of 2lb a week it would take you would lose 104lb in a year. How quick do you want your results to be? Is 12 months quick enough? I have no knowledge of VLCD, but if you want to lose weight steadily (i.e. 2lb a week over a year) then I can recommend a combination of healthy eating (I follow Slimming World, but if you know the principles - fill up on low calorie but filling fruit, veg, lean meat and avoid sugar and fat - then that is all you need). There is some helpful info on here about calorie counting and "my fitness pal" is free, easy to use and will keep a record of your calorie intake. Exercise is key and pushing twins around sounds like the perfect workout - and it's free!

If you want some fresh ideas and motivation then I recommend having a read of the Tough Love - Apply Within thread. Rod talks about his common sense approach to dieting, Smiley Man is on VLCD, Conlou and Faery Lights both calorie count and there are a few Slimming World followers. There is plenty of straight talking, no nonsense advice that you may find helpful and it's free!

Good luck :)

I would also recommend Slim and Save. You order the packs on the internet and you can get an initial taster box of 25 different food packs for about £25. After that it's £1.07 per pack if you buy the men's 5 a day 4 week box. Ypu have 4 packs a day or 3 packs plus protein (such as 2 eggs).

Back