I'm sure this has been asked before..

rharbord

I'm after a bit if info please, I've done both sw and ww from home years ago but I'm trying to decide which to do, I need a way of life not a diet. I'm trying to weigh out the pros and cons for each before I start . how it fits into life and healthiest way to eat to involve my family. I have two small kids so I need it simple and easy to stick to. I'd aiming to lose 10/14lbs by 10th Jan. Any info on sw or your own thoughts would be very helpful x

i think taht if you want it to be a long term change sw is much easier to follow as you dont have to weigh most of the foods you eat and its so easy to learn the longer your on it hth:) x

I did ww several years ago and did lose well but I find sw much easier to adapt to every day life with a husband and 4 kids.

yeah thats true even my husband eats sw meals and enjoys them. i dread to think the rubbish he eats at work though!! x

On here, we will tell you that SW is the most family friendly, easier to stick to, works better etc etc.... if you ask on the WW page they will tell you the same about WW.

Both diets are great, in my opinion, SW is easier as there is very little weighing and measuring but people like WW as you can have different things. WW has changed though, fruit and most veg is now free, makes life a whole lot easier and there are also weekly points.

What works for one doesn't necessarily work for another - why not got to both classes and listen in before you decided on which to join?

You got to find what suits you :D

They both work if you follow them properly. Ask this question on here and people will say SW is best but ask the question on the WW board and they will say the opposite, but probably both will give very similar reasons eg flexibility, not being restricted, fitting in with normal life and so on.

They are both also open to abuse. A lot of people talk about being hungry on WW. Well yes you could use all your WW points on junk but then you will feel hungry a lot of the time. Use your points sensibly and there should be no reason to feel hungry.

Likewise you could live off packets foods like pasta n sauce and mugshots on SW or strange adapted recipes like smash pizza. Or you may stuff your face with pasta just because it is a free food. WWs often use these as evidence against SW but really if you are doing these things then you are not following the true essence of the SW plan, just in the same way at the people using their WW point on junk are not really following the WW plan.

For me I prefer SW because I do not want to have to weigh or count the majority of what I eat and I certainly could not continue that for life. I also do not like the concept of the WW 'game' as they call it where you can earn more points by exercising. And I think the fact that your points decrease as you lose weight would be demotivating, but thats just me.

There was a lengthy thread about this recently that might be worth taking a look at
http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world/297072-sw-vs-ww.html

Good luck with whatever you choose to do :)

Wow you guys are very fast at replying. Thank you all for your honesty. I'll read the lengthy thread before I decided. I just want to start and start if you know what I mean!

I've been given both sets of books which I've read and am edging towards sw but I've never done extra easy. How extra easy is it?

Thank you all again x

Have you got the new WW books? Pro points have changed.
I would honestly go to a group and have the plans explained to you. EE is EE!! Does what it says on the tin!

Yes they are the old ones. I'd have to go to class to get the new ones. I'd prefer to do it from home as I can't guarantee to get to class. I've noticed that there are lots of apps that count points but are there any that count sins?

I have only just started SW but have to say it is very family friendly. With WW children couldn't eat the same as you as it is too low in calories. But on SW I can cook us all the same unlimited filling meals and the kids can and do tuck in. I also love how little weighing and measuring there is

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I have been doing SW since April 2011 and enjoyed doing it, I tend to stick to Ee and can say that I have never eaten such a choice of meals so I don't count it as a "diet". Having lost almost 7 stone I feel great and most of my old complaints have gone, go for it!
Pete

I agree with everyone, weight watchers you have you count everything so it would be hard to maintain, we as with slimming world I have been doing it for 15 weeks and don't look at my books anymore or count or weigh, I am living by it without even noticing and still losing weight! I think slimming world is much easier to maintain once you get to target :)

Back