I'm Taking This As A Compliment...What Do You Think???

so true shaz xx

mmm, :Djealousy!:D
T x

Yeah I reckon jealousy too. I think some people say to themselves 'well I'm not gonna say anything in case he/she regains it' or else 'why should I praise them when I have to fight to keep my own weight down and noone congratulates me?' Or you just remind them of their failure to lose any of their excess weight. Ok, I'm just rambling now. :D

hehehe, stunned into silence, big green eyes! oooh i cant wait to see a few people after i have lost weight. :)

:Dooh the cow bag. She obviously is spitting feathers with envy deep down - ha!! You can carry on wiping the smile off her face then....

It makes people uncomfortable I think, once they've got you labelled in their head as 'fat' or however they see you and then you no longer fit in this label it throws their minds into chaos! Some people can get very threatened by it for some reason. I do think it all boils down to jealousy. The people who really matter and care will be supportive and encouraging.

I work with a lady who is quite overweight and whilst everyone else has been really great about my diet changes she'll be offering biscuits and cake round and saying things like "I suppose you'e not having any are you?" with a rather nasty tone. But I just forget it, must admit I take great pleasure in saying "no thanks" cause I know she hates it haha

its the crab thing again, they wanna pull people down all the time. back into the bucket that they are stuck in.

i lost weight about ten years ago, a couple of stone, and when i was close to target, so many people were saying 'oh dont make yourself ill, dont go anorexic, blah blah' and stupidly i stopped and put all the weight back on!

now there are saying, 'oh you used to be lovely and slim - why did you let yourself go?' gaurentee when i am close to target again i will be getting the 'oh dont make yourself ill, dont go anorexic, blah blah'

grrr

sorry - had a rant there ;)

I know the feeling exactly. My mother in Law is the biggest cowbag in the world. How can you not notice 2 1/2st loss on someone. Does she mention it....does she bugga!!! All she harps on about is how slim, blah blah is looking, or how well someone else is doin on their diet (mainly her son) Bloody woman, I could happily strangle her sometimes. Hateful baggage she is. Good job her son isnt like her at all lol!!!!!!!!!!!

I was talking to Medea in work yesterday (whilst we were hiding in my car drinking our 'lunch') and said about how if we both came into work one day after miraculously losing 5 stone over the weekend, I could guarantee several people wouldn't say a word out of sheer jealousy...

my mother in law was the same..didnt say a word even though i lost 70lbs in total....when i finished she finally acknowledged it though my kids, that 'mummy looks nice'!!!!

its hurtful but just take it as everyone else has said, the green eyed monster is rearing its ugly head..its their problem :) you know how hard youve worked to get there...xxx

h xx

OMG Chunky, your MIL sounds like my mum!!!!

My mum is the first to tell me about how thin my sis is but she didn't say anything to me about my loss until 9 1/2 weeks in when I had lost over 3 1/2 stone!!! And then it was only coz she couldn't not say anything!!!

She was at my house when my MIL arrived. My MIL immediately commented on my loss and congratulating me when I told her how much I had lost. My mum had no choice but to say something - although all she said was that it showed in my face!!!! How can you ignore such a huge loss!

This week I have had so many compliments about my weight loss that I have been walking on air. There are one or 2 who haven't said anything but I'm not bothered, I feel 400% better than when I started!

x

Back