I'm the Dieter, but my Kid is Freaking Out!

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Oinkstop, 16 February 2009 Social URL.

Post New ThreadFind New
  1. Oinkstop

Oinkstop Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st1lb
    Current Weight:
    16st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st6lb
    Lost(%):
    1st12lb(10.28%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge USA
    Last night, my 13-year-old daughter came to me practically in tears. She wants to start eating Carnation Instant Breakfast (a powder you mix with milk as a meal replacement) since I'm not allowed to eat regular food.

I told her that although I don't mind her having the breakfast drink once in a while, she's slim and doesn't need to lose weight. The poor kid nearly broke down in tears because I wasn't allowed to eat real food, and she felt it "wasn't fair."

I assured her that I wasn't hungry, that I was doing this diet of my own free will, and that I didn't feel at all bad about it. I told her I wasn't joining the family at the dinner table because I didn't want to be tempted, and I wasn't at all unhappy, so she shouldn't worry.

Truthfully, I was fibbing just a bit, because I am hungry, and I do feel a bit crummy about having to drink these lousy shakes when everyone else is eating stuff that looks oh-so-yummy.

Anyway, I'm wondering if other CDers have problems with family members freaking out when they start this diet?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. moanz

moanz Full Member

Diet:
    Dukan
    No mine hardly notice!!
    I don't say much about the diet really, Plus mine are younger, age 1,3, 7, & 11. My eldest daughter is pleased i'm loosing weight, & is positive about it, but there's no way she'd offer to eat a meal-replacement, far to into her food for that!!
    I do miss sitting at the table for a family meal tho, i tend to clear up the kitchen while they all sit eating now, which seems like a bad deal!!
    Bless your daughter for being so kind, she sounds very sweet! Simone x

4. Oinkstop

Oinkstop Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st1lb
    Current Weight:
    16st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st6lb
    Lost(%):
    1st12lb(10.28%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge USA
    I have to say that my kid can be pretty sweet at times, but there are other times when I ask myself how did I end up with such a monster???:character00115:

I think the issue with Cambridge is that my kid seems to have an over-developed sense of fairness. It's good when she's thinking about other people, but of course not-so-good when she's thinking about herself. She's decided we aren't fair because we won't buy her a cell phone. (Well, she's 13 and doesn't go anywhere alone yet, so she doesn't need it!)

Anyway, she really seems upset by the fact that I'm not eating, and I don't understand why this is so triggering for her. It's not her belly that's empty!

5. Purple Hugs

Purple Hugs Loves weight.. training!

Start Weight:
    13st5.5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6.5lb(3.47%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    My eldest is 9 and hated that fact that I didn't sit to eat with them anymore.. we all eat together at dinner.. I couldn't cope with the temptation or smells for the first while.. it's still hard, but I do join her now. :)
    perhaps your daughter will be ok if you eat the porridge?

6. Oinkstop

Oinkstop Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st1lb
    Current Weight:
    16st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st6lb
    Lost(%):
    1st12lb(10.28%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge USA
    I don't think I could stick to the diet if I had to eat that stuff very often. Although the first couple of tastes weren't bad, the third time I ate it, I gagged.

Anybody want vomit for breakfast?:sign0137:

I thought not!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.