I'm thinking of doing LL again

Melaniep

Hi All
I started LL November 2004 and lost 5 stone in 3 months then carried on between LL and CD for another 3 months and lost a total of 8 stone. I gave up mainly due to money and other things going on in my life and I have now put it all back on plus I think another stone, one thing I promised myself was I'd never put it all back on and now it's happened.

I must admit I loved the packs especially the chocolate one and lemon bars.

Has anyone else done the diet again, is it harder or just the same.

I have a holiday booked for june next year and I'm not going this fat, I hate it and getting really depressed about it and just want to lose the weight "normal diets" just aren't working tried SW and WW couldn't get into them and I thought about food all the time.

i'm just in a place that I don't know if this is the right thing to do, I know that CD were considering making all their packs lactose free tried one and nearly threw up, have LL done this?? I hope not

As far as I remember - LL is still much the same, with new flavours added! Don't think those who are lactose/gluten intolerant can do the scheme, so ... you'd be ok with that.

I'd say it's probably going to be a little harder this time because the rebellious child will be screaming so much louder. I found that when I went back to LL to reach target as I had to stop early - it was loads harder. Partly because the 'novelty' of doing something 'new' and 'exciting' wasn't there.

Never underestimate even the thought and consideration that you have put into posting here and asking whether this is the right choice... Perhaps you need to sit down and have a really good chat with yourself as well. I'd say... well done on taking the first steps to exploring the issues which have arisen... If you did it once before, surely you can do it again.

It will take determination and extraordinary patience though... I know you have been through LL before, the second time around will probably be harder mentally and emotionally.

I wish you luck with whatever option you choose to take, just know - you will never be alone! :)

Like Minerva, I have gone back into abstinance to lose the last stone that I chose not to lose perviously, due to a family holiday. I had already abstained during the diet on a month-long holiday. This one I wanted to participate as it was Thanksgiving, and i wanted to partake in my favourite holiday. Otherwise I would not have stopped.

It all depends on your attitude really. I would not approach it expecting it to be difficult or too emotional beause then it probably will be.

like anything else in life, if you approach it iwith a positve "I can do this" attitude, then it will be no different then the first time you did it.

The only thing that has made it difficult for me is I miss the new healthy way of cooking and eating that I developed after losing 10 stone.

Other then that, it has not been difficult - I;ve been quite happy to stick to it as rigidly as before, and that side of it has been easy peasy, and quite enjoyable.

It's all about attitude. Say its hard -and it is. Say its easy, and it is.

It's just as easy as before, in some ways easier. You know it will work. You know how you will feel - which is great - and you know you will acheive your goal.

It shouldnt be anymore difficult unless you let it. :)

Good luck! SOunds to me like you can nail this in no time. :)
x

Hi Melanie
I understand that you want to lose the weight for your holiday, but really your aim should be to lose it for the rest of your life.
If that's how you see it then this is probably the right time to consider LL
again.
It's a serious undertaking and it's not cheap - but we KNOW it works.
Good luck whatever you decide. You know you can do it, you've done it before.

Thanks ladies, you all look amazing and have made me feel a lot better at giving it another go.

I know it works and most of it is down to me keeping motivated and focused, my reason for usuing this diet is the speed of weight loss, it's so quick and I'm impatient if I don't lose every week I lose interest and motivation, when I did the diet in 2004 I lost 16lb in my first week which inspired me to see how much I could lose the following week. I just need to keep the destructive part of me at bay, which LL helped me do, more than CD I think the weekly group meetings are the key, also my LLC was scary LOL

Thanks again ladies, I will keep posting and let you know when I start, contacted an LLC via their website last night and they aren't too far away so fingers crossed

My only worry is the phrase "I'm impatient, if I don't lose every week I lose interest and motivation" ... You lost 5 stone in foundation, and I lost 2st 10 at the end of my 14 weeks, but I still kept going to lose (at the time) 8 stone.

Are your health and self-happiness not motivators enough? I have had so many STS weeks, so many weeks when I'd only lose half a pound... I don't mean to sound harsh - but maybe you are losing track of who you would be doing this diet for... YOU! And you should definitely be worth your own effort and time.

Yay, I've spoken to an LLC and I start on the 10th, could of started next week, but she's going on a course. I'm so happy!!!!

I am impatient, because when I want to do something I want to do it now. with WW and SW I worked so hard and lost so little in comparison I got disheartened and in the end gave up, with VLCD after a little while the hunger goes and the packs are enough physically just got my demons to deal with, which LL help with.

My holiday is the kick up the bum I need, but the changes to my health and happiness are the biggest thing, I have been feeling the effects of weighing so much for the last few months and found myself in a vicious circle and result is putting even more weight on! No more I am going to lose my excess weight and no one will be calling greenpeace whilst I'm sunbathing in Majorca next summer LOL

Let's be blunt - If it really was about money you wouldn't have put it all back on after doing so well.

You just went back to your old ways either forgetting what you had learned or not caring.

Sorry to be blunt but I am a man and I know the excuses - after all I have used them all before myself.

Do you really want to go through it all just for a holiday???

Surely if it is good enough for a holiday then it is something you should want for life.

If you do not set your objectives (and the reasons you want them) then you will achieve exactly what you set out to achieve (and only that).

What do you really want. Once you work that out, then you can plan your action, until then I suggest you think a bit more.

Again I do not mean to be harsh, but want tyou to think about this long and hard.

Best of luck
Mike

Hey mikey,
I recognise that busy little fella!
How are you doing.
By the way, I agree with everything you've said here and I'm not a man!

Hi sb,

I'm doing fine thanks - have kept off most of the weight I lost on LL, but will be restarting on Thursday (I tried to restart a few weeks back, but so many things got in the way - excuses excuses!) to get to target and then complete RTM.

Nice to hear from you and to see that you have maintained below goal for so long!

If you do not set your objectives (and the reasons you want them) then you will achieve exactly what you set out to achieve (and only that).

I like that.
I think its good to have things broken down to their basics.
Helps to focus

Thanks

You just went back to your old ways either forgetting what you had learned or not caring.

Sorry to be blunt but I am a man and I know the excuses - after all I have used them all before myself.

Surely if it is good enough for a holiday then it is something you should want for life.

What do you really want. Once you work that out, then you can plan your action, until then I suggest you think a bit more.

Again I do not mean to be harsh, but want tyou to think about this long and hard.

Best of luck
Mike

Hi Mike i have to say I agree with everything you say! :)

Hey Mel,

I've got myself sorted with a group starting on 2/9 ... 3rd time for me.

I'm gonna use this forum loads to keep motivated - maybe we can gee each other along as we're starting at the same time?

Loads of luck
yoyo
xx

Hi Yo Yo
It's nice hearing from you, definately keep each other going, this diet is tough so having someone who is going though the same as you is great support, there is far too much negativity about, one reason I am not telling anyone from work and hopefully get and give help and motivation on here

Speak to you soon
Mel :)

Hiya,

Yeah ...know what you mean. I've not told many people yet cos I'm sure I'll get the "you're doing it again ?!? .... if you just eat less and exercise more you'll lose weight":rant2: :mad:
For me, abstinence has been the only way I have managed to lose weight succesfully. The challenge for me is learning what to do once I start eating ... don't want to end up (as my name implies;)) yo-yoing forever !
So, I'm in for the long haul this time .. 100 days of abstinence & then RTM. I'll worry about Xmas ( always the excuse before to eat more!) when I get there.
I'm off camping for the weekend; was considering starting on my packs before weds but didn't think I would do it when stuck in a tent in the rain - not when week 1 anyway !
Have a good day
Speak soon
yo-yo
xxx

Hi Yo Yo,
How was camping?? I spent the long bank holiday in a Caravan, there were 8 of us, 4 ladies and 4 girls with 1 bathroom!!! it wasn't too bad though.

I'm counting the days down before I start, on Monday i'm going to start cutting the carbs down so the withdrawal wont be too bad!!!

Mel

Hiya,
1 word to sum up the camping - MUDDY !! There were loads of us though so we still had a good laugh. Needless to say I over-indulged.
Not sure if you've seen my other post, but I've started today on my foodpacks even though my group doesn't actually start until tomorrow night (loads left over from my last attempt!)
So far so good today - still got 1 pack left for tonight, but then for me the evenings are always the hard part.
Could've cried this morning when I put one of my suits on for work - it was so tight I looked like i was about to burst out of it - couldn't take my jacket off all day as my shirt was bursting at the buttons :cry:. Hopefully this thought will stay with me for the next couple of days if i get tempted :) That and the fact that I weigh more than I can ever remember !

What day is it you start? Are you going to the same LLC or a new one?

Keep in touch
yoyo xxx

Hows it going today?? Hope you are doing ok. I know what you mean about the clothes, i have a monthly meeting with a customer and dred it everytime as I hate what I have to wear because of my size, looking forward to being able to wear smaller clothes and for them to look good rather than make do.

I'm so jealous that you've started, I wanted to start with my first meeting tonight, but I can't start until next Thursday so first pack next Friday morning. It will give me a few days after my week off to get into a routine and cut back on the carbs a bit.

I'll have a mooch around and find your thread

Mel

Hi Mel,

Did you start your group tonight? How did it go? How are you feeling about tomorrow?
..so many questions ...

Anyhoo, hope you are doing okay

Keep in touch
yoyo
xx

Back