I'm throwing in the towel

mumtheshopper

Silver Member
I give up. One week. 100%. Even bought new scales from ww to weigh. I took kids camping and even took WW sausages for BBQ, and just had salad with it. Refused drink. Refused ice creams. Went to carvery on Sunday, and just had meat, veg and gravy. No pots. No stuffing. No yorkshires. No pudding. I ran 20k in a week. Gain 0.4lbs. It isn't just this week, it is week in, week out. I must be born to be fat. I stick rigidly to 18 points.

Hi dont throw in the towel do a differnt plan try calorie counting I see others are on here from ww?
I did 6 hours cardio even a zumba class this week and did plan 1000% and gained 2.5lbs??I am doing it this week if I dont lose at least 1lbs Im going to change plans as in 4 weeks it works out I have lost just 3.5lbs and I have 5 stone to go,so your not alone know how you feel (((((hugs))))) xx

Awww hun......how close to target are you.......you must be pretty close.....weight loss does slow down as you get nearer. Is it near TOTM....? I always have a gain.......its so depressing.....the things us women have to go through.

Have you drank plenty of water as in this heat your body does hold on to water if you are not drinking enough.

Be strong xx

What you have to remember also is that although your doing exercise and losing weight etc, your body will be toning up also, therefore you will be building on your muscles and muscle weighs more than fat! ... if you kept track of your inches also, i bet you would have lost inches this week through tonning up, but gained because of water retention (exercise) and also muscle gains! keep at it and chin up even if it's a small loss it's still a loss! plus tbh at what not even 11 and a half stone... is a pretty small weight to be tbh, i mean 11st is my goal because it's classed as healthy, so therefore your body will take longer to get a small amount of weight off xxx

Have you measured yourself? You might well have lost inches as you swap fat for muscle. Muscle weighs the same but takes up less space!
I know it's irritating, but don't give up. Have you tried a different plan? WW isn't for everyone.

Do you have a boots or a good chemist near you? can you use one of those scales with the body fat measurers?

I bet you have put on muscle and lost fat, but weight will be roughly the same.

Don't give in! Don't throw all the hard work away, and most of all, don't be ruled by some numbers on a scale! (hard, I know)

Your life has obviously changed for the better, you are exercising, making good food choices. If your body is staying the same weight, don't forget that your heart, lungs and muscles are all benefiting from the change.

No horrible clogged up arteries and veins, no weak lungs, muscles instead of fat bits.

Honestly, the lifestyle change is way more important than anything else :)

I won't throw in the towel, if I do it takes so little for me to put weight on rapidly, and I couldn't handle that! I don't think it's turning fat to muscle, as I ahve been jogging and running for years now, to a greater or lesser extent. I will ahve to think about VLCD for a couple of months if nothing shifts soon though

Maybe change your exercise if your doing what you have for years your body won't react differently.
Try an aerobic class, DVD or weights, up the water and change your foods
I've started zumba going to change foods and drink xx

I looked into the zumba thing btw none by me that i can get too! :( but!!! on the plus side, i can go to aquatone at my swimming baths for free with the be active scheme! WOO! :D haha .. sorry thought i'd mention that whilst i remembered ahem hehe

I looked into the zumba thing btw none by me that i can get too! :( but!!! on the plus side, i can go to aquatone at my swimming baths for free with the be active scheme! WOO! :D haha .. sorry thought i'd mention that whilst i remembered ahem hehe

sorry for taking your thread over for a sec :eek: Ahh thats not good is it ,but good you can go to aquatone,I went last year twice a week loved it Id go again but atm OH wont really like me out exercising anymore than I am lol :eek:
great its for free hope you love it :) xx

Back