Here comes the BOOM!

I have major stomach cramps and have felt bloated for a few days. It’s just occurred to me that I’m ovulating. This may or may not account for weight gain (will be good to monitor for the future). Certainly something to note for the week’s summary. I hope it “lets go” before official weigh in tomorrow as it will do my psyche the world of good :)

:( hope you feel better soon. if weight in stays the same or goes up, at least you know why. TOTM - messing up scales ever since...scales were invented. can live with it, can't live without it....

Thanks Alecto :) I feel much better now. Just a tender stomach.

10st 6.8lbs. Official weigh in. I think I was 10st 6.2lbs last week. I’m not at work until Monday to access my data so I will do that on Monday and upload my charts.

Later this morning I will summarise my week so I can see where I went right and wrong - mostly wrong :D Without checking my data, I think I have a small calorie surplus for the week which would explain the small rise but there are so many variables, I couldn’t be 100%.

Loving the expirement! :)

I just looked and was 10st 6.6lbs so 0.2lbs higher this week. Nothing really - almost a STS.
Honest i think you're doing so well. With the new plan you're on and weights you're doing its expected to have an increase. Hell, you're back on normal food and only 0.2 away from where you started. So your body is adjusting and i think you're going to start losing soon progressively but its just going to be a tad slower on the scales due to muscle build up. In the end - you're a healthy and fit lady! And that's something to celebrate and keep as a prize!

Thanks Alecto, it’s good to get another opinion other than my own in case I eat blinkered :)

I forgot to log my ins and outs for yesterday. Still poor but I will work on that.

Cals in 467
Cals out 1882

I was training for work all day today so didn’t really move and just added some cardio to my gym session to make up for it - and things are pretty desperate for me to do that! Currently sitting at 1767 at nearly 2000hrs. Should get 2k today but cinema later so more sitting. That’s also really low for a gym session day. I’m hoping next week will be very different.

I’ll be reporting back over the weekend as usual but I hope you all have a good one :)

10st 7.2lbs this morning. Cinema last night (Skyscraper - don’t bother) and had pick n mix (lots) and large popcorn but had 2/3rds. Gave up counting cals but recon I was over 3000.

Cals in 3000+
Cals out 2204

Today and possibly tomorrow will be much the same with a vague count. Part of this is because Fitbit updated and ballsed up the food entries. So I’ll add 100g ham and it’ll say I ate “seafood salad” or some such crap. I am not one for pen and paper so I’ll keep checking back but until that’s fixed, I’m only going to make a rough count, other than DDs of course which will be dead on. I hav found a complete chicken dinner in Asda for 213 cals. I could have two of those on a DD and still have cals left for a low fat yogurt and a sugar free jelly. Will probably stick to not eating until dinner and will obviously only eat one dinner at the point. It’s good to know though :)

Have a good day all :)

Last edited:
So I promised myself I would do some reflection:

1. My heart rate has reduced dramatically from giving up smoking so this will reduce the number of calories I burn each day. I still want a 2k target so I’m going to have to do something else. One option is to do 30 Day Shred on days I don’t go to the gym and I should probably commit to cleaning something in the house each evening even when I’m tired - this is a difficult commitment for me.

2. Eating too many cals on UDs. I hear this settles over time. I don’t want to be inputting my calories forever but will do for at least 12 weeks. I hear there can be a plateau at this point too so maybe I will do it for 24 weeks. Since I have surgery planned in January I need to make sure this is working for me and if it doesn’t or I’m not quite there then a couple of weeks on Exante will be in order.

3. I wanted to cut sweeteners and low calorie, low fat options. I didn’t realise the difference to calories this makes and as I am also a greedy person, I can’t have it all. So the full fat Greek yogurt will have to go and replaced with low fat. Coleslaw is getting binned off completely. Meals out will be what I want regardless of content but these shouldn’t be too frequent. It’s a shame but I can reduce calorie intake so much by doing this and still eat the same quantity.

4. I’m not comfortable with 4 UDs in a row but I hear adding a third DD doesn’t do much for most people. I’m not going to knee-jerk even though that seems the most obvious option. I will review at the beginning of August when I retake my measurements and have done a good few weeks.

5. At least two UDs at the weekend will end up being quite high. For this WOE to be sustainable, this needs to remain the same. So it’s reducing week UDs (which is also not recommended) or increasing my burn. See point 1. I intend to try the latter first. If I really have to adjust then I will do it slowly and by 100 cals at a time.

6. I find DDs relatively easy. Not necessarily enjoyable though but I do like the reset it gives. I have noticed that if I wasn’t busy at work, this will be harder. My holiday in September will be a good test. Even now I’m thinking drop it for the holiday. Yes I can lose the weight when I get back and there will probably still be weight to lose as I’ll drink and all sorts but at least I would limit damage and I need to be serious with myself that this WOE is forever (it’s easy to do because it isn’t a diet) and not to be dropped for any reason.

7. I’m not sure if alcohol stalls me. I suspect it probably still does and perhaps without the drinks on my night out, I might have lost a bit this week? Difficult to say but I don’t plan to reintroduce regular drinking since I haven’t drunk alcohol regularly for a few years - no need to start now.

8. I need to find a way to at least curb greed. I don’t expect to eliminate it but I have the ability to eat until stuffed. I can now tell when I’m full and generally don’t need to eat for quite a few hours after breakfast, but if something is available, I’ll have it. I need to stop treating myself like a human dustbin. Was it worth eating the cheap chocolate that came in the (expensive) pick n mix last night? No, I didn’t enjoy it. I would be better off buying a quality chocolate bar, some nice crisps and some sour sweets. Still high calorie but at least I would have enjoyed it all and a bonus would have been it would be easy to account for - pick n mix is too difficult and so it’s a guess.

9. Some positives. I’m not binge eating - not mentally speaking anyway. I do eat too much sometimes and like point 8, I need to be more selective about what I eat but I’m not secret eating or binging which is great. I drink sparkling water through choice now. I don’t drink flavoured water at all. I should try and switch to plain water but this water thing is unheard of for me. I just don’t have the taste for Diet Coke and other flavoured drinks anymore. I went to a pub for a drink yesterday afternoon to kill some time and had a slimline tonic. That was a nice change. I have given up smoking and I don’t think I have replaced with food - I do suck lozenges a lot though. It’s been over two weeks now. I am seeing more muscle definition. Not as much as I would like but at 10st 7lbs plus, it’s not going to be really obvious. I hope by September I will be fluctuating around the high nines-low tens. Seems unachieveable right now.

10. Just to make it a round number and also because I can’t be bothered to scroll back up to number one. I should consider adding 15 minutes of cardio to my gym sessions. Yesterday I burnt 142 cals during 14 minutes of a routine I do on the stair master. That wouldn’t kill me and would boost my cal burn and strengthen my heart which I probably shouldn’t ignore. If only I had one of those at home :D Maybe I could devise a short HIIT circuit at home? That’ll be on the back burner for now but food for thought. I’ll see what 20 mins of 30 Day Shred does for me first in terms of burn.

Last edited:
10st 10.8lbs this morning. More than I was this time last week.

Drank alcohol yesterday - didn’t really enjoy it that much.

Approx 3000 cals in and 1650 cal out. Took the Fitbit off to charge for a while but I wouldn’t have burnt much more than that.

Not sure I’ll lose anything this week either as I’m not wasting food and still have the full fat versions of things. I know I have eating under control and that’s the main continuation theme for now. Next week I will step it up a notch based on yesterday’s summary :)

Thanks Darcy :)

Point 11 - again, for later on down the line, I should consider getting my carbs lower and protein higher, once my eating has settled down and if I’m struggling to lose, this is something I will look at.

Just catching up, Bunny - I was briefly lost among the UDs and DDs and finally figured out what you were doing! You sound really positive and bouncy, and I'm really glad this is working for you!

As always, worryingly high on the morning of my 4 UD. Although I did spend the weekend eating up all the high fat items I’d bought so not hugely surprised.

10st 12.3lbs. Pretty sure that’s higher than last week but will do some analaysis at work on that one.

Cals out 2319
Cals in 3k+

Fitbit food thing is still down so can’t be added to log properly. As I need to be back to proper counting today, I am using MFP as an interim.

I will be introducing omelettes as my weekday UD meals to see if that helps. Today is scheduled to be around 1800 cals with a large chunk being protein. I won’t be able to to this Friday night as I’m out at a comedy club but I might do it Saturday night instead. We’ll see :)

Have a good day all :)

Hi Casting - good to see you. Not sure we can say it’s working yet but I’m certainly in a good frame of mind. Some tweaking will be required I suspect but if I make them small tweaks......the brain won’t notice ;)

Not sure what you mean about the fitbit. May be a super silly suggestion but did you try reinstalling the app?! Or would it just delete all your progress if you do? Never tried it myself...but i don't seem to have problems with it so im wondering if it's a glitch?
Another probably silly idea so feel free to ignore but I'll say it anyhow - what if you were to slightly reduce the calories on the Up Days? Like 1500 or 1700 to begin with instead of 2000? To get your body to adjust progressively to the intake and slower heart rate?:/
Google microwave omelette maker. I found one in a charity shop and they are amazing. Just 2mins in the microwave with any veg or cheeses and it works wonders. In the SW era I was even making eggy bread in it!

Hi Alecto. The most recent Fitbit update has caused havoc on the food entry side of things. They’re working on it but can’t give a timeframe on resolution. I dread updates to anything for this reason. So yeah, nothing I can do about it.

I worry about reducing my cals as these are considered intermediate days (IDs - believe it or not) and tend to do more damage than good. I don’t want to train my body to eat fewer calories, I want to train it to burn more. So that’ll be my focus over the next few weeks. I will swap some foods for more protein rich as I know carbs are my enemy but I will allow the weekend to be more free. The trouble with me is, as soon as anything starts to feel even remotely restrictive, I will jump ship and i will do so armed with as many food treats as possible and totally derail myself. Thanks for the suggestion though - I will keep it in mind if I fail to increase my burn.

That omelette maker sounds fab. Going to have a snoop later online - thanks for the heads up :)

GymBunny you are so focused and disciplined. I love the way you have everything planned ahead and all your tweaks and adjustments worked out. Your dairy is so motivating. Loz x

Thanks Loz, although I’m only really disciplined in analysing data. I’m not hugely disciplined around food itself - or at least I’m not overly restrictive.....by any stretch of the imagination.

I’m glad my ramblings provide some form of motivation and, if not, amusement :)

Just a quickie. Will report on cals as usual tomorrow but had a fairly desk bound day at work - but hoofed it out of the park at the gym by a good weights session (more focussed) and HIIT at the end. Was dead after but achieved what I set out to do.

Now tomorrow is a DD but will be desk bound again plus I have an appointment in the evening which means driving and no moving. I fear tomorrow will be a low count. Still aiming for 2k and need to figure a way to get that in!

In other news. Apparently quitting smoking can cause constipation for around a month. Oh good. Already feeling backed up - need to increase my fibre as well as protein 🙄

Back