Im told theres a greggs pasty recipe for slimming world

Hello everyone.

I was at my meeting last night and quiche recipes are swapped around the group, there are 2 i cant remember. One was the quiche using pasta and sauce packets. And another was nicknamed the Greggs pasty using potato and pasta n sauce, cant remember the rest, can anyone help, they were all raving about it last night.

thanks in advance x:family2:

Not heard this one! I've made quiche with pasta in sauce but not used potatoes - I'd be quite interested to hear this one too please!

OMG is there a way of making a low syn pasty? I need the recipe!!!!!! (from a Cornish girl missing pasties so much!) I was going to treat myself to one this week, but have heard they are 30 syns each - eek!

xx

30 syns eek i used to have those loads before i started all this at lunchtimes!!!
i will ask my leader for the recipes. As soon as i get them i will post them.
x

Heres the recipe hun, i make it all the time but adapted it for my liking.
1 syn for the whole pie.
1 packet Batchelors Macaroni cheese (1 syn)
1 Packet cheese & onion Smash
250g tub fromaige frais
1/2 grated onion
3 eggs
Pour both packs into a bowl dry. Add enough boiling water to make it look like you've made a thick mash.
Add rest of ingredients and mix really well, it looks a bit sloppy but don't worry.
Pour into a flan dish (i use the silicon ones) it will come right up to the top this is fine.
Bake in oven 160c for about 45 mins. Enjoy. xxx Loobylou

Sound's great, thank you. X

Your welcome, it freezes well too, i take it to class when we do our taster evenings. xxx

Ooooh that sounds yum! I don't buy processed foods so the smash is out for us (dp is diabetic)

sounds good will be trying that at the weekend

Ooooh that sounds yum! I don't buy processed foods so the smash is out for us (dp is diabetic)
Try adding water to the pasta in sauce (not too much) then add real mash and go from there, haven't tried it that way but you never know. xxx Loobylou

Thanks Loobylou. Gonna give that a whirl this weekend. My leader told me i could add cottage cheese or quark instead of the fromage frais, so some experimenting in the kitchen coming on i think.
x

Thanks Loobylou. Gonna give that a whirl this weekend. My leader told me i could add cottage cheese or quark instead of the fromage frais, so some experimenting in the kitchen coming on i think.
x
Iv'e used Quark before and it does the same job but Fromage frais is cheaper, not sure about the cottage cheese though maybe if you liquidise it first. xxx Loobylou

I've got this in the oven now using cheese & onion smash and cheese, leek & ham pasta & sauce.

The smash syns are confusing me though. On the SW site it says cheese & onion is 1/2 syn for 100g made up. The pack appears to make 3 servings and the serving size says it's 210g. Does this mean the whole pack is 3 syns? That seems rather steep - I'm wishing I had stuck with plain old syn free smash or sainsbury's instant mash!

I do a lovely red day quiche, its a large tub of cottage cheese, 5 or 6 eggs, grated cheese, ham and tomato, mix together and bake! ive also done a breakfast quich which is bacon, sasauge and tomato x

I've got this in the oven now using cheese & onion smash and cheese, leek & ham pasta & sauce.

The smash syns are confusing me though. On the SW site it says cheese & onion is 1/2 syn for 100g made up. The pack appears to make 3 servings and the serving size says it's 210g. Does this mean the whole pack is 3 syns? That seems rather steep - I'm wishing I had stuck with plain old syn free smash or sainsbury's instant mash!
Hi Stacey, i use the small packet of Cheese & onion smash its 107g bag haven't got one here so can't check the servings. How i look at it is i'm only adding water so i count it as 1 syn to be on the safe side and 1 syn for the macaroni pasta in sauce. I have it over a few days too so really low. Iv'e made it for months and really enjoy it. Hope this helps. xxx Loobylou

Back