I'm well and truly boggled...

annaphylactic

Guess who's back...?
Just got back from my post-xmas weigh in... after eating far more than I should have, some of which were big no no's... and I've lost another 3lbs! :confused:

Don't get me wrong, I am thrilled, but totally flummoxed by it... I haven't been hammering the water - have done no exercise, and was on the borderline of being back in ketosis - but not really... really really strange. I can't help but think her scales messed up - but then, the other lapsers either gained a little bit or STS... so it's really strange... hmmm...

My lapses have continued for ages now, and I think a lot is to do with the fact I've been "getting away with it"... which is not the right attitude, but it's hard to give yourself a good talking to about 'un-doing all the hard work' when things keep going in the right direction regardless!!!!

I am sure this isn't the sort of post many of you will be sympathetic to read - no one wants to hear about someone that has eating naughty nasties and lost about quarter of a stone in the process... it's so so bizarre...

I am not going to fall back into my own ways.

I also had a lady that had joined my Developer's group tonight asking if I was starting RTM soon because, surely, I'm at goal now?? - errrr, nope... she looked perplexed when I told her I still had just under two stone to go... I wish I didn't have such fortunate proportions... it makes pulling the wool over my eyes so much easier... I can fool myself into thinking I am fine because I still look 'balanced' up to about 15 stone. Grrr. Anyway...

Rant rant rant... I'm happy, just amazed... knowing my luck I will stick religiously to the packs for the next seven days and lose less!! We'll see....

Anna x

Well done on your cheeky losses, and long may it continue. Just be carefull though, you might not only muddle up your losses, but your mindset might take a bit of a beating too.
xx

Yeah, I know - my poor head has been all over the place... it's been a real time of soul searching and revisiting goals. Still can't get over the loss... my mum was speechless (I spent Christmas with her)... no idea how it happened, but am keeping my head down and carrying on properly from now on!! I feel like I shouldn't think about it too much otherwise I'll wake up and it won't be true :p

A x

So happy for you! Tell me, did you feel like you'd put on weight? What I'm trying to ask is if you just 'felt' fatter because you'd eaten?? I just find it really interesting on what my head can trick me into thinking - I have days where I can't even see where I've lost weight, even though I know in reality I must have as I'm nearly 3 and a half stone down!!

Good luck for the next few weeks, it's going to be really tough on you knowing you've been able to get away with it so far, what a head muddler that one is! Know you can do it though! ;-)

HEy hon, that was a lucky break! :)

But I know you know its not how you want to be doing this, and sometimes it can take more then a few days - so fingers crossed for next week too.

Good luck getting re-focused - its a great time to regroup - new years eve and all - out with the old, and in with the new.

Just re-focus - get your eye on the prize - head down, and pwer through.

You know what to do. :)

Good lukc honey. You'll get back in that groove.

:)

xx

Hey Anna

Maybe you weren't as "bad" as thought you had been. Maybe a little bit of this and a little bit of that was only a little bit buit because we know were suppose to be abstaining then it just felt like so much more. Does that make sence? I put my gain down to booze! Im afraid i hit the booze to often over christmas.

Im glad your back on track now, stick to it because you might not be so lucky with any more lapses. I certainly didnt get away with mine (damn)

Tell me, did you feel like you'd put on weight? What I'm trying to ask is if you just 'felt' fatter because you'd eaten??

I felt huge, yeah... in fact, I've felt awful since I've been eating bits and bobs again (my mini lapses started a couple of weeks ago)... I've also been MUCH more critical of myself - really examining my body and finding faults... very strange the way the mind tricks you.

It does take a while for your head to catch up with your body - 'apparently' the trick is ignoring your head as far as you can, and concentrate on 'hearing' all the strokes your getting. That's what I am trying to do now... it's not easy!!

A x x

Blonde - I will def refocus - need to get to my goal even if it's the longest eight weeks of my life!! Hehe.

LS - not sure about the increase in calories... maybe... I've not been very active (at all!) so I really don't know...

*****FOOD TALK BELOW*****

Emzski - I really wasn't being good in my badness... I won't go into minute detail here - but I had all three courses at lunch (and they weren't particularly 'edited'), naughty sweet things throughout the day - and on christmas eve for dinner I had some pork pie, white bread with butter, cheese etc... on boxing day the golden arches called me - it was not good in the slightest... hey ho...

****FOOD TALK OVER*****

All in all I think I was bl**dy lucky, and am going to try my best to 'not' get into that trap again... but it is SUCH a mind messer. Hummppffh.

And I agree- all this yoyoing can't be good for me... and I know it's not - I have had an air of nausea constantly for the last couple of weeks... and I really want to reach RTM a 'clean slate'...

I've only got 4.5lbs before I am under a BMI of 25, so 'could' start RTM then... going for gold this week... but part of me wants to get a bit lower than that so I've got a few pounds to play with... even so - with any luck I will be on RTM by February... not long to keep focused - the end is in sight... :)

A x x

I was thinking i might go a little under my target just to have a safety net if I put during RTM or just after.

All I can think about is what if I put it all back on. However I do have a plan of action. My 3 year old starts nursery next week so I am going to use the 2.5 hrs he is in to go to the gym. Not everyday but going to try and get back into it as I used to love the gym.

Anna, im glad you are re focused, I bet you get that 4.5 lbs off this week if you stick to it 100%.

Just keep plodding along Anna.

And when you feel like lapsing - come on here for all the strokes you could ever dream of!

I felt huge, yeah... in fact, I've felt awful since I've been eating bits and bobs again (my mini lapses started a couple of weeks ago)... I've also been MUCH more critical of myself - really examining my body and finding faults... very strange the way the mind tricks you.

It does take a while for your head to catch up with your body - 'apparently' the trick is ignoring your head as far as you can, and concentrate on 'hearing' all the strokes your getting. That's what I am trying to do now... it's not easy!!

A x x

Anna, if it makes you feel any better - I feel like that a lot of the time in RTM. I HATE the feeling of food in my tummy. It makes me feel fat. I immediately feel fat.

I know its mostly pshycological - but learning through the various stages of re-introduction, different foods make you feel fat and other not.

That definately CAN trick the mind. AS Poppy questioned. It can JUST be a feeling, and not a reality. Carbs seem to be the main culprit.

In RTM ****foodspeak****the week we introduced bread, I followed it to a T, did not have any more then reccommended/allowed, in fact had less. And followed the other part of it the same as well. ANd I gained 8 pounds!!! Just from a few slices in a week of dry toast. And I could FEEL it, all around my midsection - just bloat. And I was very worried.

But it all went last week. Well, 5.5 of it anyway.

So weight quickly on, can go quickly - if we take steps to remedy it. Cut out the carbs for a few days,e tc. and you are back on track. I know in your case it is back to abstainance, but my point is - quickly attended too, and there is little to no damage.

I hope that helps a little. :)

Back