I'm worried i'm not as slim as I feel...

Lucky~Star

I'm now very close to my 1st goal - 10st, which would make me right at the top end of 'normal' as opposed to 'overweight'. Right now i'm feeling over the moon about this. I've lost 18lbs in 4 weeks which i'm thrilled about as i'm finally losing the baby weight but i'm worried that this is false confidence purely because it's better than I have been for the past 8 months rather than the fact I actually look good.

When I first started university I was 8.5st and towards the end of this time I would vary somewhat within the 9st bracket. I was happy enough with 9st but as soon as I would get close to 10st I would feel very down and almost disgusted with myself, just not comfortable in my own skin. I'm only 23 now and a year out of university so these aren't distant dreams. I just cant shake the feeling that I shouldn't be happy being the weight I am now.

I guess i'm mainly worried that i'll lose sight about what i'm aiming for if I become satisfied with a weight which is almost overweight as opposed to one which is truly healthy. How can I keep this in perspective?

((Hugs)) and congratulations! :D

I must admit a goal of the mid range of healthy bmi is where I have set my sights, for the very same reason as you. :) I have never been able to find a 'balance' of weight since I was in my early 20's and very very active in sports etc.

I would say that perhaps you should write down the pro's and cons to how you feel and then evaluate them as to what you want to do. :)
How important bmi is to you should be one consideration as it's not always important to everyone. ;)

Whatever you choose to do, maintenance has a section here and I'm sure that they'll have similar feelings to you - so be able to give advice that is relevant for you and support as you go along the maintenance journey, even if this involves dropping a few more lbs along the way.

You have done so well! You deserve to feel slim! because you ARE!!

Golly, 8.5 stone! I'm near enough same height as you and at that weight i would look ill. I think we must all be so different. I'm 11 and half just now and whilst overweight i must be fairly happy as i cannot get off the plataeu just now. I mostly wear a 12/14 (depends where i buy) and feel so much better within myself.
However, having said all that i so want to be 10 stone and allow myself a pound or two up and down. I know i would be much happier at that weight but can i realistically maintain it. Who knows, i may never get there!
Please think about how you feel within yourself and not how you think the world sees you.

I'm 5 ft 4, and just under 10 stone. I thought I'd be really happy with that weight, but there is definatley more weight to lose, I've still got fat thighs etc, compared to my top half. I know exercise will help with this but I feel that 9st 5, or even 9 stone would be better. I suppose it depends on your natural body shape, apple, pear etc some people at my height would be really slim at 10 stone.

Golly, 8.5 stone! I'm near enough same height as you and at that weight i would look ill. I think we must all be so different. I'm 11 and half just now and whilst overweight i must be fairly happy as i cannot get off the plataeu just now. I mostly wear a 12/14 (depends where i buy) and feel so much better within myself.
However, having said all that i so want to be 10 stone and allow myself a pound or two up and down. I know i would be much happier at that weight but can i realistically maintain it. Who knows, i may never get there!
Please think about how you feel within yourself and not how you think the world sees you.

I think it depends on your bone size as well.. I know friends my height who are about 7 stone but they dont look thin.. in fact some are quite chubby! They just have tiny bones!

Back