Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Imagine not being on a diet

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by JaxieD, 18 February 2009 Social URL.

1. JaxieD

JaxieD Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Calorie counting
    I have just been thinking about my life (yawn:D) and realising that i have basically been on a diet for 15 years:eek:. Sometimes on track and mostly off but basically always in the back of my mind wanting to lose weight and trying to watch what i eat. I truely believe that i must have tried every faddy diet going but it basically comes down to the fact that you have to eat less and exercise more. :eek: It has taken me a while to accept that!! I actually don't remember a time where i wasn't trying to lose weight! How awful is that!!!!!:sigh: I wonder what it would be like not to have to worry about what you eat:rolleyes:, it must be really liberating.

I have a stone to lose more or less (prob a bit more) but can't imagine not having to "lose" weight. I know the struggle will then be to maintain my weight which i have some experience of since last year having lost over 3 stone on CD:). I realise that i will ALWAYS have to watch what i eat and will never be the sort of person to let down my guard but even with that i think it'll be SO wonderful not to have to actually LOSE more weight. So with that in mind i am now determined to get to goal .Having never been there before, i wanna be the one to get up in front of my class and become a gold member to prove to myself that i can do it:p.

Right self-motivating speech over, time to get on with it!!

Do you know where i'm coming from?:confused:

Jackie

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    It's fab :D

Having spent 35+ years of on/off diet, I can honestly say that maintaining a healthy weight rocks :D

4. JaxieD

JaxieD Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Calorie counting
    KD,

You are fab - I am sooo looking forward to it:D. It's like an ever present.....presence:D this weight of mine!! (funny enuff)
    Jax

5. mommyB

mommyB love it

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(2.87%)
    ooh i so know what you mean, i sometimes think that its such a big part of my life that i wonder what i'll do without worrying about what to eat/ how much have i lost or gained this week etc etc it almost defines who i am, and i'm really not sure if i want to be defined by something like my weight.

i guess once at target my mind and efforts will be focused on keeping it of, but first i have to get there

6. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    [​IMG] :D

It is weird though. You start January thinking...ummmm, right which diet shall I do this time....then realise you don't have to do any of them :D

Or you get invited to a party and remember you don't have to suddenly go on a quick diet so you can fit into some dress.

Not only that, but you are in the same size each summer, so can just add to the wardrobe collection :D

7. JaxieD

JaxieD Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Calorie counting
    Yeah Mummy - My OH says i am obsessed with dieting, which is probably true:(. It's been such a big part of my life but unfortunately i really believe that the true struggle will be to keep the weight off (having lost 3 stone with WW before and re-gained it ALL:mad: I ain't doing that again)

We all have our challenges in life and this one is defo mine!!:rolleyes:

8. mommyB

mommyB love it

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(2.87%)
    wish you every success. think you are right that the biggest struggle will be to keep it off

9. JaxieD

JaxieD Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Calorie counting
    You see KD that is just it - Every January i have the problem of losing the weight i put on over Christmas - How do you stop yourself from gorging - I am a naturally greedy person and although quite controlled in normal environment - at Christmas for example i just can't stop myself - it's a learning curve i know but i don't think i'll ever be able to walk away from a half empty plate:sigh: My mum told me that was bad when i was wee, when all the kids in Africa were starving. I had to clean my plate before leaving the table:eek: Old habits die hard!!

10. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    It wasn't exactly a walk in the park getting to grips with it...not at the beginning anyway.

We also heard about the starving children in Africa and though I suggest we sent our dinner to them, the offer wasn't taken up :confused:

I'm still not good with leaving stuff on the plate, but I'm ace at serving up the right amount in the first place :D

Sorted :D

11. JaxieD

JaxieD Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Calorie counting
    You've nailed it there!!:D I admit to being obsessive about portions and do weigh most things while following WW. I suffer from portion distortion you see:eek:. This is the secret to success!!!:D I just haven't got round to having the nerve to bring the kitchen scales out on a night out yet.... but that could still happen!!:p

I know people have said it to you many times but it is people like you that keep us dieters on track;)

12. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    That's good :)

Pre-internet days, when dieting was my life...:rolleyes: it never even occured to me that maintaining was even possible without dieting. Just assumed that was my life sentence.

It was only a few years ago did I find out that it could be done :D D'oh.

13. lucyjo

lucyjo Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st9lb
    Current Weight:
    11st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(9.04%)
    Diet:
    slim fast
    Hi,

It is not just every January, I seem to have started every Monday of my adult life with the thought that this week I will stop being a greedy pig. After a very greedy Christmas I started Slimfast in January and have lost 11/12 pounds. I am loving the lack of choice you have for two meals but then the ability to sit and eat a proper meal with my family in the evening.

Who knows what will happen when I reach my goal, I do have a sneaking feeling I will never be able eat lunch again but that will be a small price to pay for having a backside smaller than a small african country which is its usual size.

L

14. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I can imagine not being on a diet, I just cant imagine not having my weekly weigh ins

15. JaxieD

JaxieD Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Calorie counting
    You know that's the truth .... and that is exactly where i went wrong the last time i lost 3 stone on WW. I stopped going and thought i could get to goal on my own!! :sigh: I obviously didn't learn from my previous mistakes as the weight gradually crept on over the following 2 years. I'm afraid that i am one of those people who needs the discipline of a class to go to whether it's weekly or monthly - I just can't do it by myself i'm afraid to say - although after doing CD i have a greater understanding of how my body functions:) and that is how i've maintained my current weight loss (until Christmas that is where i gained half stone:cry:)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.