Imagine not being on a diet

JaxieD

Silver Member
I have just been thinking about my life (yawn:D) and realising that i have basically been on a diet for 15 years:eek:. Sometimes on track and mostly off but basically always in the back of my mind wanting to lose weight and trying to watch what i eat. I truely believe that i must have tried every faddy diet going but it basically comes down to the fact that you have to eat less and exercise more. :eek: It has taken me a while to accept that!! I actually don't remember a time where i wasn't trying to lose weight! How awful is that!!!!!:sigh: I wonder what it would be like not to have to worry about what you eat:rolleyes:, it must be really liberating.

I have a stone to lose more or less (prob a bit more) but can't imagine not having to "lose" weight. I know the struggle will then be to maintain my weight which i have some experience of since last year having lost over 3 stone on CD:). I realise that i will ALWAYS have to watch what i eat and will never be the sort of person to let down my guard but even with that i think it'll be SO wonderful not to have to actually LOSE more weight. So with that in mind i am now determined to get to goal .Having never been there before, i wanna be the one to get up in front of my class and become a gold member to prove to myself that i can do it:p.

Right self-motivating speech over, time to get on with it!!

Do you know where i'm coming from?:confused:

Jackie

I wonder what it would be like not to have to worry about what you eat:rolleyes:, it must be really liberating.

It's fab :D

Having spent 35+ years of on/off diet, I can honestly say that maintaining a healthy weight rocks :D

KD,

You are fab - I am sooo looking forward to it:D. It's like an ever present.....presence:D this weight of mine!! (funny enuff)
Jax

ooh i so know what you mean, i sometimes think that its such a big part of my life that i wonder what i'll do without worrying about what to eat/ how much have i lost or gained this week etc etc it almost defines who i am, and i'm really not sure if i want to be defined by something like my weight.

i guess once at target my mind and efforts will be focused on keeping it of, but first i have to get there

KD,

You are fab - I am sooo looking forward to it:D. It's like an ever present.....presence:D this weight of mine!! (funny enuff)
Jax

curtsey-1.gif
:D

It is weird though. You start January thinking...ummmm, right which diet shall I do this time....then realise you don't have to do any of them :D

Or you get invited to a party and remember you don't have to suddenly go on a quick diet so you can fit into some dress.

Not only that, but you are in the same size each summer, so can just add to the wardrobe collection :D

Yeah Mummy - My OH says i am obsessed with dieting, which is probably true:(. It's been such a big part of my life but unfortunately i really believe that the true struggle will be to keep the weight off (having lost 3 stone with WW before and re-gained it ALL:mad: I ain't doing that again)

We all have our challenges in life and this one is defo mine!!:rolleyes:

curtsey-1.gif
:D

It is weird though. You start January thinking...ummmm, right which diet shall I do this time....then realise you don't have to do any of them :D

Or you get invited to a party and remember you don't have to suddenly go on a quick diet so you can fit into some dress.

Not only that, but you are in the same size each summer, so can just add to the wardrobe collection :D

You see KD that is just it - Every January i have the problem of losing the weight i put on over Christmas - How do you stop yourself from gorging - I am a naturally greedy person and although quite controlled in normal environment - at Christmas for example i just can't stop myself - it's a learning curve i know but i don't think i'll ever be able to walk away from a half empty plate:sigh: My mum told me that was bad when i was wee, when all the kids in Africa were starving. I had to clean my plate before leaving the table:eek: Old habits die hard!!

You see KD that is just it - Every January i have the problem of losing the weight i put on over Christmas - How do you stop yourself from gorging - I am a naturally greedy person and although quite controlled in normal environment - at Christmas for example i just can't stop myself - it's a learning curve i know but i don't think i'll ever be able to walk away from a half empty plate:sigh: My mum told me that was bad when i was wee, when all the kids in Africa were starving. I had to clean my plate before leaving the table:eek: Old habits die hard!!

It wasn't exactly a walk in the park getting to grips with it...not at the beginning anyway.

We also heard about the starving children in Africa and though I suggest we sent our dinner to them, the offer wasn't taken up :confused:

I'm still not good with leaving stuff on the plate, but I'm ace at serving up the right amount in the first place :D

Sorted :D

It wasn't exactly a walk in the park getting to grips with it...not at the beginning anyway.

We also heard about the starving children in Africa and though I suggest we sent our dinner to them, the offer wasn't taken up :confused:

I'm still not good with leaving stuff on the plate, but I'm ace at serving up the right amount in the first place :D

Sorted :D

You've nailed it there!!:D I admit to being obsessive about portions and do weigh most things while following WW. I suffer from portion distortion you see:eek:. This is the secret to success!!!:D I just haven't got round to having the nerve to bring the kitchen scales out on a night out yet.... but that could still happen!!:p

I know people have said it to you many times but it is people like you that keep us dieters on track;)

I know people have said it to you many times but it is people like you that keep us dieters on track;)

That's good :)

Pre-internet days, when dieting was my life...:rolleyes: it never even occured to me that maintaining was even possible without dieting. Just assumed that was my life sentence.

It was only a few years ago did I find out that it could be done :D D'oh.

Hi,

It is not just every January, I seem to have started every Monday of my adult life with the thought that this week I will stop being a greedy pig. After a very greedy Christmas I started Slimfast in January and have lost 11/12 pounds. I am loving the lack of choice you have for two meals but then the ability to sit and eat a proper meal with my family in the evening.

Who knows what will happen when I reach my goal, I do have a sneaking feeling I will never be able eat lunch again but that will be a small price to pay for having a backside smaller than a small african country which is its usual size.

L

I can imagine not being on a diet, I just cant imagine not having my weekly weigh ins

You know that's the truth .... and that is exactly where i went wrong the last time i lost 3 stone on WW. I stopped going and thought i could get to goal on my own!! :sigh: I obviously didn't learn from my previous mistakes as the weight gradually crept on over the following 2 years. I'm afraid that i am one of those people who needs the discipline of a class to go to whether it's weekly or monthly - I just can't do it by myself i'm afraid to say - although after doing CD i have a greater understanding of how my body functions:) and that is how i've maintained my current weight loss (until Christmas that is where i gained half stone:cry:)

Back