ImapMyWalk App

Karen.hat

Silver Member
Have downloaded this and it's a great little app to keep track of your walks/distances ect was just wondering does anyone else use this app as I could do with some support/friendly challenges to keep me motivated and moving

I use cardiotrainer which seems to be a similar app but on the android. I'll have to install imapmyrun, but it says there's a walking option in it. It all gets logged to the same website anyway.

It's helpful to motivate me. On the cardiotrainer website it shows you how far you have walked from home in a range circle. Just made it to Llandudno this morning!

I'll use Imapmywalk later and see how it is. I think i'll wear my poor phone out with all this GPS usage, if only there was a way to charge it up with all the energy you use when walking.

I'll have a look at cardiotrainer too! I walked my dog the other day and as I haven't always lived in this area I was amazed how gorgeous it is just a stones throw away, I ended up 4 miles from home and my battery switched off :-( good job I have a pretty good sense of direction!! Walking ghat day ended up being 6.3miles I was shattered

Ok just reread what you wrote about card trainer!! Derr it's for android no wonder I couldn't find it lol maybes I'll stick with imapmywalk let me know how you get on with it!

I know it's amazing what you see when you just walk for 5 minutes outside the door. We usually think of it being urban and industrial round here but you never really are more than 10 minutes from a bit of greenery. I just can't wait until it's spring so it's a bit warmer though. Half your face tends to get frozen into one pose up on the tops when it's windy.

It would be best to stick to the ones we already use, what with all those lovely miles logged! I like the idea of setting goals in imap though. I think there is a walking club so to speak on here, but I don't know if it's active.

Cardiotrainer stopped recording for 20 minutes during my walk today for some reason. I think I accidentally pushed the pause button in my coat pocket :confused:

Where are you from mrbob? I'm assuming your not far from me as you talk about the area! I must admit it is pretty awesome I love the countryside and when we arrived and I saw the new build area we are in I was thinking where the buggar do I walk the dog! It is a shame it took me so long to find that walk as it's amazing

Mrbob said:
I'm from sunny Halifax, although it's not very sunny at the moment.

Miles away then lol!! I'd suggest adding me as a friend on there but I can't remember what my user name is til I log onto it on laptop

Mrbob said:
I use cardiotrainer which seems to be a similar app but on the android. I'll have to install imapmyrun, but it says there's a walking option in it. It all gets logged to the same website anyway.

It's helpful to motivate me. On the cardiotrainer website it shows you how far you have walked from home in a range circle. Just made it to Llandudno this morning!

I'll use Imapmywalk later and see how it is. I think i'll wear my poor phone out with all this GPS usage, if only there was a way to charge it up with all the energy you use when walking.

Did you try out imapmywalk mr bob?? What do you think? I must admit I lived a walk yesterday and the signal was weak and it dropped off so it said I'd only gone 1mile was quote upset as it was nearer 2 miles

Still not tried it yet I'm afraid. I've got it installed but I leave the house when I'm bleary eyed so forget to switch it on. I'll be on a walk again tomorrow so I'll have it on then.

I've managed to import all my old walks into imapmywalk. It's got a whole load more options than cardiotrainer so I might have to switch. I'll do my first walk tomorrow using their app but at least now I have all the walks since I started 2 weeks ago so it doesn't seem like I'm doing it from scratch.

my user name is hatwalker but i had to start again i accidently deleted them and ive been a memeber for a while :( i havent done that much walking this week as im trying out this ck5 app to get me running but i'll be doing my walks in the morning and runs in evening starting from tomorrow

Recorded a walk for the first time today. It's a really cool little app with nice integration with the website. It's just a shame the snow and sleet slowed me down. Still I felt I had to go out just so I could say I did it come rain or shine. There were a lot of mountain bikers out today, more than I've seen when it's been a nice day.

Good luck with the running btw. I've seen C25k splashed around on a few posts round here but I've only just been bothered to put it into google. Let me know how you get on, I might try it myself.

Mrbob said:
Recorded a walk for the first time today. It's a really cool little app with nice integration with the website. It's just a shame the snow and sleet slowed me down. Still I felt I had to go out just so I could say I did it come rain or shine. There were a lot of mountain bikers out today, more than I've seen when it's been a nice day.

I've not been out today :-( I was doing so well 100% on plan exercising and then I goes and gets pie eyed last night :-( totally blew my syns out the window and now can't eat cos I'm too hangover. I'll be back out tomorrow hopefully doing some damage limitation

Mrbob said:
Good luck with the running btw. I've seen C25k splashed around on a few posts round here but I've only just been bothered to put it into google. Let me know how you get on, I might try it myself.

The rubbings goi g great though it's not too difficult yet just a nice easy 60 sec jog then walk I've downloaded it onto my phone so I get the voice commands telling me when to run/walk although for £1.79 it would have been nice to be able to see how far you've gone calories burnt nut it's a handy app and is helping build my stamina up

Back