Implanon - maybe i'm not so sure....!

The_Petal

Hello everyone. There was a thread about the contraceptive implant a few weeks ago, and at the time I was very much an advocate having had mine since August and suffered no bad side effects.

Buuut.....i've just got in from WI and put on 1.5lbs. I've been so good this week, really active, 1/3 superfree, varying my meals and everything and the only thing i can think of to explain my gain is that i'm currently experiencing my second period of January. :eek:

This follows no period at all from September through to December, which at the time was great, but now i'm wondering if its messing me up a bit. :sigh:

Does anyone have any advice about this or experienced weight gain and more periods than normal when using this implant?

Up until having the implant i've always been a very regular, once a month girl. In fact you could set your watch by my monthly visits, so i'm really unsure if this weight gain is what I should expect and if it will settle down in the future or not? :confused:

Thanks in advance for any advice you lovely ladies have. :)

I've had my Implanon for 15 months now and my periods are still very irregular. Sometimes it takes a week or more of spotting (really irritating!) before it comes, then it might only be very light.

I came off Depo because I didn't want to be messed around when we decide we want to have children, but in some ways this is worse. At least with Depo I didn't have ANY periods!

I'm definitely considering having it taken out and going on to the pill. At least then I can set my watch by it!

Yeah, its frustrating not knowing whats happening from one week to the next isn't it? Irritatingly today the bloating seems to be going right down and i'm having to run to the loo all the time, so maybe its just weigh in days that my bloating occurs! Great timing. My consultant has been great and suggested lots of speed foods on star week - even if it is every other week. I guess its just a case of monitoring the situation and trying to combat any symptoms of water retention.
Thanks for the feedback though, its interesting to see what others' experiences are x

Yeah, I think I need to start eating more speed foods - I've been relying too much on the free stuff and hoping for the best! Oh well, I've got another chance at dinner time to get it right!

Now trying to get a doctor's appointment to fit in with work - aarghh!!

Back