In desperate need of help!

Wollop!

Hi everyone I started LL a four weeks ago now and have lost nearly two stone!!!

But I had some minor surgery a couple of weeks back and I now have an infection! My doctor has advised that I come off LL until it clears up as my anti biotic need to be taken with food etc.

What do I do??? I am so scared of falling by the way side and getting into my old habits once I am allowed food for a while. I really am desperate for some advice, has anyone been in the same situation???

PLEASE HELP!!!:confused:

If you are talking about an infection following surgery - in my mind - there is no question. You stop the diet and take the meds.

You do NOT want an infection run out of control....trust me.
Sorry you have to deal with that, but thats what I would do.

Health is above all. ;)

I agree with Blonde logic. If you need to take the tablets then you must. In my opinion it is difficult to stay on a vlcd when you are ill anyway.
Have a talk to your counselor about your options, possibly following one of the route to management plans?

Thanks for the responses guys!

I know I should do as I am told by the Dr but I have a rebelious streak lol!

Just a bit scared about falling off the waggon you know!

Why not sit down with your diary and come up with a planned break from LL? That way you're not dropping out, you're just pressing pause. See how long the anti-biotics last for, plan 1/2/3 weeks off the programme and write in the day that you'll be back in group by. If its done in a structured way, I'm sure that it won't feel like falling off at all. THe other thing you could do is follow Aitkins while you're away from LL, that way you'll stay in ketosis but still be able to eat. Aitkins isn't good for everyone (esp not long-term) but for a couple of weeks it might offer you the same structure you get from LL to keep you on track.

Back