In ketosis but not losing weight

Sammy_D

Hi everyone,

I started a low carb diet on Sunday but I'm having difficulties and I was hoping that someone on here might be able to help me.

On Tuesday I used a ketostick and it showed that I was in ketosis. But when I weighed myself this morning I hadn't lost any weight at all! After 4 days of low carb I would expect to have lost at least a couple of pounds.

Also, I've been so hungry the last 2 days. I'm still in ketosis now but I've been starving hungry all day and had terrible headaches. I didn't think this was possible!

Any ideas what the problem might be? I've done low carb diets in the past but I've never had hunger like this before once in ketosis, and I normally lose a pound a day in the first week.

The diet:

Breakfast: 40g of protein and 70g of fat
Lunch: 80g of protein and 80g of fat
Dinner: 200g of protein and 100g of fat

Drinks: 2.5 litres of water and 2 cans of diet coke per day.

Any ideas what's going on?

If you are hungry with headaches then probably still transitioning whatever the keto sticks say, day 4 not necess unusual

I would drop the diet coke (sweetners can impact your appetite & weight even though no cals)
Up the water to help the head and rest
Up the food (protein and fat) - whole point is to get through transition and then appetite will naturally fall

Personally ive never bothered with the sticks as my body makes it clear when im "in the zone"

Good luck

Back