in need of a boost

Tina T

Silver Member
hi ladies. Joined SW 10th July 2008 have mainly original days as I find I don't loose on green. In need of some insperation with idea's using chicken, turkey, or fish,:sigh: due to heart attacks not able to have any red meats or eggs so limited with what I can make. Any new recipies would be great. thanks Tina x

I live on red days and this is a sample from what I have.

quorn sausages, bacon, mushrooms, eggs, beans
chicken breast stuffed with laughing cow triangles wrapped in Bacon served with roasted veg
SW meatballs in tomato sauce served with Roasted veg (you could replace mince with quorn)
quorn cottage pie made with quorn mince and carrots topped with swede
Steamed Fish with SW chips or steamed veg
Roast Chicken and trimming
chicken served with stir fry veg.

there is also a sticky on the SW forum with receipe ideas.

Hi Tina, welcome to the forum. I only do greens so I can't really help but good luck x

havent tryed Quorn a friend told me it's yuck but need to try somthing, chicken breast sound's great can't have bacon (red meat) will try that tomorrow thanks Nicky x

Quorn is not yuck if you prepare it right. I always use a tin of tomatoes so that the Quorn absorbs the moisture as it doesn't have it's own natural juices. I also use a beef Oxo cube with it to give it a better flavour

I guess you will have to just try it and see for yourself if you like it. Mr Taz can never tell the difference when I use it in dishes

I give Quorn the big thumbs up too... but you need sauce with it though. I've just cooked meat free beef strips and added a bit of water with them as I cooked them. Taste much better x

i agree with the girls to an extent but i have to say that the Quorn Sausages are yuk lol. i tend to put my quorn with sauce and pasta, but i see you dont like Green days.

i hate fish so cant really help with that one, my mum uses a 'wizzer' (hand held blender)and blends smoked haddock & quork (so its syn free) to make a pate, she says thats nice.

i have chicken and steamed veg
chicken stir fry
veg stir fry
chicken & laughing cow cheese triangles, stuffed peppers &veg
i love the quorn chicken burgers (but they contain syns)
chicken salads
urm thats all i can think off but i cant cook so my meals are limited.

there are loads of sites with recipes though including
Slimming Worlds' recipes

143 Slimming World Recipes

good luck

cooked quorn with beef bovril mushrooms, leeks, courgettes, garlic and celery yesterday for dinner I take it all back gooooood very surprised just goes to show should always try things for yourself thanks Taz you were right!!!!!!

:eat: SW has been quite an eye-opener for me and i have tried loads of stuff I'd never have considered before. Glad you liked it

Back