In need of a kick up the bum!

Sam24

Hello, I have been reading the posts on here for quite a while and thought I should join to keep me occupied and give me that extra boost that I need.

I joined slimming world at the end of Feb 2011 and have so far lost 2.5 stone, which is great but I seem to have hit a brick wall. I still have a quite a bit to go, and I am determined to get to my goal weight, but I am struggling at the moment to take control!

I was losing weight steadily and consistently until June when I went on holidays, and then I moved house 4 weeks later and since then I am seriously lacking motivation and I am comfort eating all the time!

I have always been a bit chunky but since going to University and meeting my boyfriend I have piled on a few (would like to say pounds..) stones.

I'm not comfortable enough to put my current weight up just yet, and probably have about 5 stone to lose. So I'm hoping to get some handy tips and inspiration on here!

I feel that I am at the point now where my weight is affecting many aspects of my life. I am seriously lacking the confidence to make progress in my professional life and seem to sink into the background and actively avoid attention, even though I know that I am greatly over qualified for my current job. I tend to miss out on social events with my friends because I never feel that I look good enough or that I'm afraid of being the fattest person there!

I feel sad that I'm only 24 and missing out on so much. I only have myself to blame, so its time to take responsibility and stop faffing about and get on with it!

P.s Hope this works... not too good with computers!.

My weight loss so far is as below.. just to give an idea of the 'brick wall' ive hit in weeks 19 and onwards!

Weeks 1 to 6: - 1 stone approx
Weeks 7 to 13: - 1 stone.
Week 14: -4.5
Week 15: N/C
Week 17: +3 (2 week holiday to Turkey)
Weeks 18 to 20: -7.5
Week 21: +4.5 (moved house..lots of take aways)
Week 22:-1.5
Week 23: +.5
Week 24: -2.

Welcome Sam and congratulations on your weight loss:clap::clap::clap:

Holiday time is not easy for anyone as it is a time to relax and enjoy ourselves, then on top of that moving house is very stressful and personally I think you have done really well as I see you are getting on top of it again and are showing a loss for week 22.

Give yourself a pat on the back for what you have achieved, I think you deserve it:)

Best of luck with the week ahead!

hi sam, welcome to minimins :)
well done on your loss todate you should be proud of your achievement xx:happy096:

keeping a diary is a really good way of keeping on track and i am sure lots of people will pop in and offer support and advice when you need it.

keep up the good work xx

Back