In need of advice

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by lovelynaett, 29 June 2009 Social URL.

1. lovelynaett

lovelynaett Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st0lb
    Current Weight:
    17st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st9lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(7.14%)
    Diet:
    Cambrigde Diet
    Hello.

I'm back on LL and I have the right set of mind and a lot of people are behind me.

Only thing is I'm not happy with my counsellor. I don't feel comfortable within my group and at best there is only me and another one coming to it. Plus he doesn't seem to care that much.

So I have decided to change counsellor. I don't know if it's because he's a guy or what.

If any of you has had a similar experience I'd be happy to hear from you.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. lovelynaett

lovelynaett Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st0lb
    Current Weight:
    17st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st9lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(7.14%)
    Diet:
    Cambrigde Diet
    Hi Polly,
    I'm a refresher and only started last 10 days ago. I was quite upset with him because he didn't show last saturday so someone else was there and (I'm might sound a bit harsh there) she was extremly overweight and she told us that she did the program only to put all the weight back on and more at that. It was a lot like the advice coming out of her mouth just didn't ring true. see what I mean??? I got really upset that maybe because we are not that many coming to his refresher group he doesn't care enough to let us know before hand that he's not gonna be there...

4. MagdaX

MagdaX is Magdalicious

Start Weight:
    17st6lb
    Current Weight:
    14st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st5lb(19.26%)
    Diet:
    Lighter Life/ Exante
    Have you told him how you feel???
    I'd suggest you have an honest chat with him and express your worries.
    My LLC (the same i had the first time round) seemed a bit detached and uniterested in my progress a few weeks ago and i thought the same thing. So last night i had a chat with her and found out she herself is going through a difficult time and subconsciously passed it on to us. She sincerely apologised and we seem to be on the right track now. What i'm saying is that sometimes we seem to forget they are only human too and can have bad days, make mistakes.
    If after that things don't improve, def switch your LLC. Afterall you pay a lot of money for his service.
    Good luck! :)

5. slendablenda

slendablenda Gold Member

Diet:
    lighterlife
    Really sorry

We were so lucky to have an excellent LLC and a supportive group that gelled. It was a really important part of the reason for my success.
    The idea is that you should be able to discuss your feelings with your LLC, so it seems sensible to tell him how you feel before deciding whether to switch.
    With any kind of counselling it's important you have rapport with the other person whether you pay or not.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.