in need of advice

Tracy831

HERE I GO AGAIN !!!!!!!
hi there,i have been doing sw and ww but have not been getting anywhere,but due to an ongoing medical condition i have to loose weight.
my doctor today suggested judd to me,and i have been looking on the internet for information about it.
the nhs site i was just on didnt recommend it,but i can see that there are a fair few of you doing it on here.
what i would like to know is how many calories should i have on an up day,and do you literally eat what you like,or do you still choose the healthy option ?(sorry if these are stupid questions !!!!)
if i do decide to give it a go i will probably have my down days on a mon and wed.
any help or advice would be very much appreciated :)

hi there,i have been doing sw and ww but have not been getting anywhere,but due to an ongoing medical condition i have to loose weight.
my doctor today suggested judd to me,and i have been looking on the internet for information about it.
the nhs site i was just on didnt recommend it,but i can see that there are a fair few of you doing it on here.
what i would like to know is how many calories should i have on an up day,and do you literally eat what you like,or do you still choose the healthy option ?(sorry if these are stupid questions !!!!)
if i do decide to give it a go i will probably have my down days on a mon and wed.
any help or advice would be very much appreciated :)

Good morning Tracy,

I've been on JUDDD for two weeks now and have lost 9lbs so far. I absolutely love it. The first few Down Days are hard, but you really do get used to it. I generally stick to 500kcal on a DD and I don't count and have anything I like on an UP day. There is a website (google Johnsons Up Day Down Day diet) where you can actually work out your personal DD/UP calories according to your weight, age and level of activity.

Have a read through some of the diaries too. JUDDD isn't a fast weightloss plan, but I've found I've been losing more inches, so measure yourself too. There are many health benefits on this plan too. If you can find it, watch BBC Horizon's Eat, Fast and Live longer by Michael Moseley, which I believe is still on Youtube.

Good luck with your weightloss. :)

Thanks tessieg that is a good weightloss,I think I will give it a go and will go and look on YouTube now :)

Hi, I've been doing JUDDD since August and lost 22lbs, which is amazing for me. I have 500 cals or less Mon/Wed/Fri. The other days I eat healthily with treats. I try to eat between 1500-1800 cals on Up days, but don't worry if I have a few more! Its very flexible once you get started & so much easier to keep to than other attempts I have made at changing my lifestyle. Even negotiated Xmas with only a couple of pounds increase. Give it a go!

Hi, I've been doing JUDDD since August and lost 22lbs, which is amazing for me. I have 500 cals or less Mon/Wed/Fri. The other days I eat healthily with treats. I try to eat between 1500-1800 cals on Up days, but don't worry if I have a few more! Its very flexible once you get started & so much easier to keep to than other attempts I have made at changing my lifestyle. Even negotiated Xmas with only a couple of pounds increase. Give it a go!

Thank you,,and well done,I think I will start on Monday :)

Only two weeks for me and a 13 lb loss so far. I was doing SW before and lost but it stalled towards the end of the 4 months I was on it so I looked around and decided on JUDDD and I LOVE it. I've been doing alternative up days and down days but found I wasn't eating enough calories so I am now doing two up days on a Saturday and Sunday. I also do 5 pm - 5pm as the DD it so I can eat late afternoon on both days as I can't sleep if I'm hungry. Good luck xx :)

Good Luck! Choose filling foods n your DDs and maybe calorie dense foods on UDs (I have struggled with reachign enough calories in the week ;) oddly enough!) and you'll be okay! It really is wonderful, I never feel like I am on a diet and I'm losing weight steadily!

Michael Mosely also has a book with all the scientific research, theories, tests etc etc which is a good and interesting read!!

Thanks both of you,it does seem as if I should give it a go.
But do you think it is ok to have wed and Fri as dd ?

Back