in need of any SW sponge cake recipes out there.

BevBunny

Right, I need your help.

I bake a lot, its my 'thing' and probably helped me to get overweight! In June I decided I wanted to have a healthier life so I joined SW to learn to eat a more balance and healthy diet - and if I lost weight then it'd be an added bonus.

I made the decision to just totally stop eating cake, chocolate and crisps for now (note not forever). I use my syns in cooking as I am also an avid foodie, so spend a long time trying to cook good tasty and interesting food.

I still bake, I spend hours making my cakes/muffins/brownies taste and look amazing. I do experimental stuff with baking too, then I take it to my friends or to work etc. I've noticed that there are very few SW recipes for low syn cakes and muffins, so I thought I'd work some out (and maybe eat some too).

I need something to learn the basics from, all I've found so far (in recipe section on here and the many SW books I have) is:
  • a bran based chocolate cake
  • bran based carrot and sultana muffins
  • cous cous cake
  • almond based spanish orange sponge cake
So, has anyone got any other sponge based recipes? My aim is to find or come up with a basic low syn sponge that can then be adapted for whatever we want. For example you can then make muffins with fruit or nuts or chocolate buttons in, or a big cake, or an upside down pudding etc.

If you have a recipe request please post in the recipe forum not the main forum.

The recipe section is searchable and you'll probably find lots of suitable recipes there

:thread_moved: to correct place

Back