In need of some inspiration.

fifegirl

I'm trying to be really good this week and plan what I'm going to make for the entire week so that when I go shopping for food today I can get only what I'm needing. My only problem is that all I can think of making is the usual chill, spag bol blah blah blah and I know I will prob get fed up with it.

Does anyone have any suggestions for meals that will be quick and easy to prepare (I have a 2 1/2 year old to fit in around it)? OH is veggie who eats fish, so green meals would prob be best or meals using quorn. I'm doing EE:)

stir fry with prawns? using either noodles or rice?

quorn chicken burgers are nice, maybe those, SW chips and some veg?

jacket potatos/jacket sweet potatos?

Roasted Butternut squash?

I do EE but im a real carnivore so im struggling a bit here lol! hope this helps tho! x

Quorn Cannelloni?

Quorn Cannelloni

Ingredients:
2 garlic cloves
2 eggs
Handful of fresh Parsley
12 oz/340g Quorn Mince
400g can chopped tomatoes with herbs
14 oz/397g Passata
12 Cannelloni Tubes
14 oz/397g very low-fat natural yoghurt

Method:
Preheat the oven to 180c/350f/Gas 4. Peel & crush the garlic. Beat the eggs. Chop the parsley. Mix the Quorn with the garlic & tomatoes and use this mixture to stuff the cannelloni tubes. Spread the passata over the bottom of a lasagne dish & arrange the tubes in a single layer on top. Mix the eggs & yoghurt together & pour over. Bake for 35 minutes. Sprinkle over the Parsley.

Serves 4
Syns per serving:
Free on green & extra easy

NB: You can also use your 42g of Mozzarella from your HE A allowance, sprinkle the cheese over the top of the eggs & yoghurt mixture before you bake in the oven, this gives it a crispier topping.

What about italian cod with mash.

Serves 2 (Extra easy)

bunch spring onions
Fry Light
tin of chopped tomatoes
dried / fresh oregano and / or basil
salt and pepper
1 x teaspoon of Splenda (optional)
1 x teaspoon of Balsamic vinegar (optional)
black olives x 16 (2 syns on all plans)
2 cod loins

I chop up the spring onions and fry in a bit of frylight till soft.I use a large frying pan (with a lid). I then add the tin of tomatoes, herbs, seasoning, Splenda, vinegar and olives.

I let this simmer gently for 3-5 mins, then place the cod loins on the top, put a lid on the pan and leave for about 20 mins.

I then make the mash, and for a bit of extra taste I usually add cooked broccoli or cooked green cabbage to the mash.

I serve with plenty of veg and it is so delicious. :D

prawn taglitelle?
Using the prawns as a b on green, or the whole thing free on ee?

Prawns
Taglitelle
Garlic
Chilli
red onion
passata
basil
Red pepper

very simple - put pasta on to boil. Cook through onion & pepper, add prawns, garlic, chilli and passata. cook until prawns are heated through, add the pasta to the pan (once drained!) add the basil and serve. One of my fav's!

To make it extra tasty, i usually add a HEA portion of parmesan on top, and serve with a rocket salad.

Have you had a look at the food diary section on here Hun?? I tend to have a look before Im due to shop for the week just to add some variety to my meals for the week.

Back