In sickness and in health

slendablenda

Gold Member
I don't often start a thread BUT
coming up to New Year it's a time of reflection and looking back over 2008.
I started LL to improve my health. In 2007I had been ill with pneumonia, bronchitis, chest infections, flu, colds for over 3months in total. I had so much time off work I was worried about my job. I had scans,blood tests, anti-biotics, steroids blah blahblah.
I had so little energy, used to come home from work, go to bed and not get up until time for work. I was bored and boring. No energy.
This has been the first Christmas for 5 years that I haven''t had a bad cold or flu.
I'm even looking forward to my 1960's theme New Years Eve party. I've got my outfit already. Can't wait.
I feel so healthy to start 2009 so I have achieved my goal. I feel very proud.I never thought I would be able to do it.

Aww Slenda! That is a lovely post to read... and congratulations on achieving what you set out to achieve - good health and happiness (and the ability to go to a fancy dress party without wanting the world to open up and swallow you whole!)

Enjoy your 60's fancy dress bash this NYE - and here's to a happy, healthy, successful 2009... :D

A xx

you should feel really proud. have a great ny party- post some pics of you in fancy dress

well done splenda, this time last year i was at my heaviest, constantly sick and coming down with the cold, no energy at all, and now after a few short months i feel 10 years younger again. xx

New Year it's a time of reflection and looking back over 2008
certainly is, and you've got some great new goals to strive for SB, all the best for the coming year :)

PS you've inspired me to do an "end of 2008" blog entry too! :D

Last edited:
Congratulations to you SB - you must be so proud of yourself.

Can't wait to see the photos.

Louale x

Well Done SB. You have done so well to get everything you set out too. You should be proud of yourself.

What you going to dress up as for the party? I love fancy dress!!

I don't often start a thread BUT
coming up to New Year it's a time of reflection and looking back over 2008.
I started LL to improve my health. In 2007I had been ill with pneumonia, bronchitis, chest infections, flu, colds for over 3months in total. I had so much time off work I was worried about my job. I had scans,blood tests, anti-biotics, steroids blah blahblah.
I had so little energy, used to come home from work, go to bed and not get up until time for work. I was bored and boring. No energy.
This has been the first Christmas for 5 years that I haven''t had a bad cold or flu.
I'm even looking forward to my 1960's theme New Years Eve party. I've got my outfit already. Can't wait.
I feel so healthy to start 2009 so I have achieved my goal. I feel very proud.I never thought I would be able to do it.

You should feel proud - you have done bloody marvelously if I can say so!!!

Great post SB, and I am so chuffed for you. You have come such a long long way, and done so beautifully.

Well done, and heres to looking forward to all new things!!!

Thanks everyone

I've gota 60s geometric print pink and black mini dress and matching cap, black fishnets and kinky boots and false eyelashes. I can still remember the make-up style! (My sister is 9 years older than me so I was always a bit precocious!).
I know I'm too old to be a Twiggy dolly bird, but hey it is is fancy dress.
Anna started the trend so I will post a couple of pics if I don't look a complete idiot! Maybe I will anyway - nothing could look worse than my before LL photos......

:thankyou: for all your reps xxxxx
Good luck everyone for 2009.

Back