ProPoints In the 12sts at 40 diaries

Margery Dawe

Silver Member
I'm 40 this year and I'm not going to be fat when I get there. I may well be slightly plump, but not fat, no siree!

It's my birthday on the 6th July so that gives me 17 weeks to shift 34lbs. 2lbs a week seems slightly optimistic to me, but if I say 1lb a week it doesn't seem much of a challenge......... does that make sense?

I have been doing WW for a couple of weeks now and I'm really enjoying it. I lost 3lbs the first week and then sts on my second week. I think this was down to hardly using my weeklies and therefore not eating enough. So, this week I have just had to eat a little bit more. It's a hard life 'eh :D

I'm going to try and right here every day (try being the key word there!) and journal my journey.

Please feel free to leave a comment as as much encouragement as possible would be great.

xx

I had a good day yesterday food wise, but not such a good one personally wise!

I'll start at the beginning.

It was a lovely day and I surprised myself by getting the school uniform and work clothes in the washing machine by 10.00am (this usually happens around 7.00pm on a Sunday evening) and was very pleased with myself, so got another load in. Halfway through the cycle it stopped working and was making a funny noise. That was really what I didn't need. Hubby is a self employed carpenter and builder and work has been very quite and we are really feeling it and the last thing I needed was to have to buy a washing machine. It happens that Thames Water were repairing a leak at the end of our track and failed to tell us. Emergency over :cool:

A bit later in the afternoon I thought I would give a friend that I hadn't seen since Christmas a ring and see if she was in for a coffee. She was in, but couldn't have a coffee as her mum and dad were coming over as her brother had died. He had been ill for a while but nobody knew what was wrong with him. He had lost a lot of weight really quickly, but didn't go to the doctors. When I saw her at Christmas he was still the same.

I felt so awful for her and when I asked her when he had died she said a month ago!! Why didn't I know, why didn't she call me, why had I left it so long to see her? I can honestly say I felt like such a crap friend and it made me feel sick to the stomach.

I'm still feeling crap today. I think I need to step up my game. I am guilty of thinking that I make all the effort so then wait for others to ring and then something like this happens and it's too late. Does it really matter who get's in touch with who? No, it doesn't!

But still, a little part of me asks 'why didn't she let me know?' :cry:

Margery Dawe said:
I'm 40 this year and I'm not going to be fat when I get there. I may well be slightly plump, but not fat, no siree!

It's my birthday on the 6th July so that gives me 17 weeks to shift 34lbs. 2lbs a week seems slightly optimistic to me, but if I say 1lb a week it doesn't seem much of a challenge......... does that make sense?

I have been doing WW for a couple of weeks now and I'm really enjoying it. I lost 3lbs the first week and then sts on my second week. I think this was down to hardly using my weeklies and therefore not eating enough. So, this week I have just had to eat a little bit more. It's a hard life 'eh :D

I'm going to try and right here every day (try being the key word there!) and journal my journey.

Please feel free to leave a comment as as much encouragement as possible would be great.

xx

Hi,I'm 50 14th july and am hoping to lose about 18lbs well, at least, anymore and I will be very happy :-D on my 4 th week of ww,lost 31/2 wk 1 gained 1lb then lost half lb! So 4 in total.I will keep popping in if thats ok. Good luck we won' t be fat at 40 or 50 x

Last edited:
Hi,I'm 50 14th july and am hoping to lose about 18lbs well, at least, anymore and I will be very happy :-D on my 4 th week of ww,lost 31/2 wk 1 gained 1lb then lost half lb! So 4 in total.I will keep popping in if thats ok. Good luck we won' t be fat at 40 or 50 x

Off course you can keep popping in, we could 'bud up'! xx I'm determined this time as I seem to remember saying this when I was reaching 30 ..... 10 years later :rolleyes:

Have a good week. xx

Just a quick entry to say that I lost 2.5lbs this week. I love it that I'm losing whilst eating so much. I used all but 14 of my weeklies so I might cut down on those a little. I don't want to get used to using them as part of my 'normal' day, but use them if I fancy something different (cake!) or such like.

THIS WEEKS AIM:

To lose 1.5lbs and get my first silver seven.

Hi,how are you getting on,it's slow and steady for me.Have set my self a mini goal to lose 7 lb by 14/4!!!!! Well I live in hope:-/

Hi,how are you getting on,it's slow and steady for me.Have set my self a mini goal to lose 7 lb by 14/4!!!!! Well I live in hope:-/

Morning. I'm getting on really well, although I will probably stay the same this week. We travelled down to Exeter on Friday afternoon to go and see a group play. It was also a belated wedding anniversary treat and we had a lovely Italian meal and of course yesterday was Mother's Day, so that involved a lovely roast and pudding.

I have been really good all week and had 30 of my weeklies left, but I have probably gone over, but I'm not worried. If you can enjoy yourself at important times, what is the point!! So, hopefully I will stay the same this week.

I'm finding it really easy at the moment and I'm 100% every day (except Friday & Sunday) and I just know that I am going to do it this time. I can feel it in my bones :D

I'm seeing the benefits already and that makes it so much easier being good. I've lost weight on my face and my tummy. So, it's all good.

Mini goal for me is 14st something before Easter. x

Feeling positive today,maybe because the sun is shining:) have cancelked by monthly pass and will do it from home! Found a dress from 15 yrs ago! ( how sad am I !!!!:|) tried it on and its tight,so will try to go by my clothes rather than worrying too much on the pounds!!! :-/
Good luck to us both xxx

Hi Marg,how are you getting on? Still feeling positive but think thats because we have nice weather! Does make a difference ti your outlook.

Hi lovey

I'm doing well. I'm expecting a gain this week as I have been away for the weekend with a group of girlfriends. We did lots of walking in the Brecon Beacons, but also a lot of eating!! Although I did feel really sick on Saturday (not drink related) and I'm just feeling slightly bloated since.

I'm feeling really tired today :sigh:

I just hope the damage isn't too bad!!

Fingers x but you can explain it and enjoyed it ;-)
I'm on holiday from work thus week,do try to limit any damage! Off out for 3 meals,brekkie,lunch and sn indian,not all on the same day I might add:-S but have an hrs a day exercise planned :-!

Last edited:
Morning

Well, a 5.5lbs gain this week :sigh:

I'm trying not to be too disheartened as I know it's because I was unwell whilst away. I feel really bloated all over so I guess it's just water retention etc. Considering we were walking for at least 4 hrs each day, there is no way I ate enough to put that amount of.

I had 40 weeklies saved for the weekend and would have earned 60ish pp walking over the weekend. Also, I didn't drink because I didn't feel too good, so I'm hoping that a really good week this week and I will see all that go.

Onwards and downwards!

Love Marge xx

Good luck for w i, I put 2 on unexpected * week and sugar carb cravings over the weekend :-/ but have started afresh;-) 15 weeks? To the big birthddays:-o

Good luck for w i, I put 2 on unexpected * week and sugar carb cravings over the weekend :-/ but have started afresh;-) 15 weeks? To the big birthddays:-o

Well, I lost 2lbs this week, which is good, but I can't help being disappointed that I didn't lose more.

So, it looks like I did put a 'proper' 5.5lbs last week end. How the hell did that happen!!! I hate having days where you just grave things. It's amazing how your body makes you feel sometimes. Good luck for next week and hopefully you will see that come off. x

I've got 13 weeks until the big birthday, so I need to get my arse in gear.

I'm so excited. I have just booked a weeks holiday in Italy for me and my daughter. She is 18 this year and I'm going to be 40, so we are having a girls week away on in Amalfi. I can't tell you how excited we are (daughter has never been on an aeroplane). We were hoping to go in June, but lack of money has made us change it to October, which actually suits me better. I won't be too hot and it gives me plenty of time to get as much weight as possible off.

So, 26 weeks to go :D

Just to let you know have gone back to SW! Will still be around;-)

Good luck lovey. I hope it suits you better ........ and definitely keep in touch and let me know how you are doing. xx

Back