In the dead of night it is just Pearly0505 awake...

Pearly0505

... and the food that keeps calling my name.
I'm Pearl - an out of hours support worker for the rapid response and intemidiate care teams. (i work just night shifts)
I have tried many diets going:
Dukan was the first diet i ever tried and lost 4 stone on - however 2 went straight back on after coming off.
WW - i last 2 weeks before i could count no more points without going crazy
Exante - 6 shakes down and realise i am too much of a food person to do that.
So here i am on slimming world.

Going it alone at the moment and have been on it a week so far. Was going to join a group yesterday (morning one after a shift) however i over thought it and worried myself so much that i talked myself out of it and went to bed - convincing myself that sacraficing two hours sleep after and before a night shift was not worth it. although i know the main reason i didnt go was because it is based in a very large church and i didnt know which entrance to go in and therefore panicked about looking like an idiot trying to find my way in.
So the plan for this week is to contact the consultant and express my wanting to join and find out where in the building it is that way i have no excuse - bar the wanting to sleep which i shall just have to get over.

I will warn you as a night worker i eat odd things at odd times so my diary might be a mess. I am following extra easy.
today:

Breakfast (5pm): Homemade chilli (tomatoes, onions, garlic, extra lean mince) with rice.
with strawberries and coke zero.

Lunch / dinner (1am): Brown roll (HeB) with chicken, cucumber and cheese (HeA)
50g of salt and vinegar sticks (12 syns)

Snacks / Drinks: Coke zero, water, 2x satsumas, banana and an apple

dont know what it is tonight but i am super hungry - probably the fact my collegue did a 2am mcdonalds run :mad:

being new to this i would be greatful for any advice and tips. :D

- my stats and signature were based on joining group. i will update them with new starting details when i join.

I'm an insomniac :D and hear you on the weird meal times! Good luck. :)

Thank you very much.
back at work again, last shift till monday yay =]
so far has been:
5pm: spag bol with HeA cheese and a banana
1am: spag bol, salt and vinegar sticks (12 syns) and a banana

got my two alpen lights to have later along with two apples and two satsumas. with large amounts of coke zero and water

Hi Pearly
I have also tried all the diets - Rosemary Conley, WW, and did very well on Atkins but it totally ruined my social life and all went on again when I stopped *sigh*.
I have been doing SW for just over four weeks and have lost ten pounds (although only recorded 8.5 loss as changed scales and they weigh 1.5 higher than the old ones!).
I am doing SW online as live in Switzerland and they don't have any groups here. Did you call the consultant re joining her group? I so wish I could go to one but find the support on here and the info online excellent.
Look forward to chatting to you over the coming weeks/months.

well i finally got the courage to join the group.
i walked there and on the way saw lots of ladies heading to a church down the road and i spotted a sign and started heading that way. nearly walked into a weight watchers meeting!
corrected myself and found the right place. felt sick and nervous during the new members talk but the consultant is lovely =] yay.

so i am now a fully fledged member of slimming world =]

today so far i have had:

5pm: stir fry - noodles, loads of veg with beef.
11pm: banana
1pm: stir fry again
2pm: chocolate raisins (15 syns)

i have two alpen lights (HeB) and lots of fruit left to have and i shall have a nice big glass of milk (HeA) when i get in at about 8am

Back