In the first couple of months of Dukan...

is it possible to lose 2 stone in weight?

Last time I did Dukan I lost about a stone in 3-4 weeks and then stopped (around uni exam time). This time I'm sticking to the plan hardcore, as I have something to lose weight for at the end of October - so that's going to be my main motivator! :)

Also I was wondering, is weight loss more rapid if you stick to 5 PP days, followed by 5 PV days instead of alternating daily, or does this not really make a great difference in the speed of weightloss?

Hi, Welcome back...........acording to the book, it makes 'diddly squat' difference in weight loss between 5pp x 5 5pv or alternative days. I hope that helps?

Hmmm. in the US version I'm pretty sure it says that it's more effective, on the short run (as in you lose weight maybe quicker) but that it was difficult for people to sustain that kind of pattern whereas the 1/1 was a bit easier for people to stick to long term. I couldn't do 5/5 but heck, I have a hard time with 1/1 anyway...

The book (French at least) gives more airtime to 5/5 because, at that time, it was what he recommended. Thanks to customer feedback (both from his private sessions and his French official website), he realised apparently that - apart from with very obese customers - the difference in loss didn't compensate for the other issues which arose more on 5/5 than 1/1 (constipation, boredom etc.)

As for "is it possible to lose two stone in as many months" - that would probably depend on your start weight. Can you fill in your User CP Rachey? In any event, in two months, it's certainly possible to lose quite a bit if you stick to it and you'll feel great irrespective!

:D

Hi, I've just lost 8lb on 7 day attack and weigh 13 stone 2 atm, and my height is 5ft 4. I carry all my extra weight on my stomach, the fat literally just sticks to that area (may start sit ups again as they've been successful in the past), I’m perfectly happy with all other areas. I also have 32G boobies, so my BMI is kinda out lol :(, I'm a UK size 12 on top and 14 on bottom. I never lose weight on my bust (even when I lost 3 stone - strange) so I'll probably always be a 12 top which is fine, but ideally I’d like to be a size 10/12 on the bottom. My Dad lost 2 stone in about 2 months on Dukan, but I’m sure that men tend to lose weight easier, especially when they cut out the beer; he also did lots of walking and cycling – which he’s always done anyway. Both my Mum and Dad have kept weight of with Dukan, so thought I'd give it another good go :)

Overall I'm aiming for a stone less than when I previously left Slimming World, which would be 11 st 4lb, although, I've set my target as 10 st 4lb just in case I'm not satisfied with my weight at 11 st 4lb ;) Another main issue is yoyo-ing, I've been yoyo-ing in weight since I was about 19 years old, and I'm now 24 - time to lose weight for good and keep it off, cos I'm bored of going up and down now.

Congrats on your great loss so far!
If you want to target your core area, I can really recommend Jillian Michaels 30 day shred (level 2 section) OMG can see a difference in just 1 week!!!! :)

Back