In the middle of the night.....

Gemsyo

.......tum tee tum tee tuuummmm!

So here I am facing my third challenge of the week, a night shift!!

Easy peasy you may think....but no, not when you usually inhale the vending machine in the corridor outside the department!!!

So far so good though!

Hey Gem - hope u get through your night shift :) I have similar problem in that I'm an insomniac - still not been to sleep yet & so when others are hungry they call it an early night, I have to be hungry all the time & with 24hr shops - not good haha!!

Hey!!! Night shift going ok! On coffee black with sweeteners!

Would quite like my bed!! It must be awful being an insomniac although can you get things done?

Xx

How long left of your shift to get through?

Nah I never get anything done - spend too long just trying to sleep (relaxation etc) although did go to tescos at 4am he other day cos I was so bored :) now it's 5am and light outside so there goes another sleepless night lol!! x

Til 8, this last bit is like pulling teeth! Bloody ill people!! Lol!!!

Will you have a nap later or is that you done for the rest of the day?

Yeah so inconsiderate aren't they :) take it you work in a hospital or similar then!!

And no that'll be me - got a meeting at 9am so only got 1 hr until my alarm goes & not slightest bit tired. Strangely u kinda get used to it!! x

Yeh I'm a nurse, I work in a sexual health clinic but do extra shifts on a surgical assessment unit to keep my skills up! Been a busy old night!

Cambridge nights are tough! I'm a nurse too so I know all about it. I usually save a CD bar to have around 3am, but sometimes I still think I'm going to die by 5. Mind you, I used to feel nearly as bad because I was eating all day and all night and knew I'd be gaining lbs, so I'm sticking to the straight and narrow.

Back