in the process of eating my 3 stone back

tinkerbellsmum

Gold Member
please help i've lost it. i've been struggling now for weeks but these last 2 weeks i've lost the plot i'm bindging.
I think it doesn't help we are skint so i've reduced our shopping bill and have no healthy snacks in.
but I have seem to lost my desire to carry on.
i'm almost at target another 7-14lbs and i'm there and I always thought it would be easy when I got here but it isn't.
everyone is telling me I look great and as nice as it is to here it isn't helping i'm not done I need to lose alittle more.
somebody pls tell me something to kick my switch back on.
remembering why I started doesn't help cause I'm not sure why I did think I did it cause its new year its what you do lose weight and I seem to get a buzz from fast weightloss at begining
thanks
michelle

I'm sure lots of people on here will have good advice for you. All I can say is you have done great, pull out your nicest dress and put on your lippy. Have a look in the mirror - you look great. If you need a treat have one, but then stop. Tell yourself the truth - that you ARE worth it, you DO deserve health and happiness, and that the lovely slim you is worth more than some rubbishy food that will make you feel bad in the long run.

Thinking about you xxx

Gosh you have already done so so well, but that isn't what you want to hear.

YOU cannot allow yourself to self destruct when you've already done most of the hard work..................getting those last few pounds off is exceptionally hard - BUT YOU ARE A FIGHTER AND YOU CAN DO IT.

Sit yourself down. Dust yourself off. Calm yourself down. Reread your books write down all those foods that you can afford which are free foods - buy frozen fruits or fruits and veg in tins & syn them - write the syns with a big permanent marker on each tin and packet in your cupboard so you can make informed choices when eating. GO completely back to basics.

Kick yourself up the butt - because you can't allow yourself to slack now.

Whoo hooo - you WILL soon be there.

Good luck and let us know now you are getting on, we are all here for you.

Gilly x

Tink! No!

I know from the nights we had in chat how much your weight loss means to you. You might not want to hear peoples comments on how great you look now, but think how chuffed you'll be when you get the compliments you deserve at target. You're so close! It might also be hard to think back to exactly why you lost the weight, but I'm telling you, if you put it all back on you'll remember exactly why and it will be that much harder to get back to where you are now.

Do you think you're sabotaging yourself because you're afraid of reaching your target? You've lost so much weight, it must be quite daunting to think that in no time what you've been working towards will be over.

I understand how difficult it is to snack healthily on a low budget. Have you thought about making some cheap syn free dips to have with carrot sticks? Frozen fruit is often on deal, or perhaps check the supermarkets before they close for the reduced stock. Bananas are pretty cheap and taste great frozen, a bit like ice cream.

You know my PM box is always open if you want to talk

*hugs*

You might be feeling down about everything at the moment, but you've achieved so much and I hope you realise that. I'd love to see you make target :)

gilly: I love the idea of writing the syns on things gonna do that tommorrow to everything esp them biscuits that are 3.5syns each and i have lost count how many I have eaten.
sophie: I think thats half the prob hun wheres the challenge when I get to target

The challenge will be in maintaining that target! You'll kind of have the best of both worlds really, you'll be looking great and able to tweak the plan a bit more and see what works for you and you'll also get to be in control of maintaining your target. Everyone at my group I've spoken to at target has said that it is still a challenge to maintain that, but great that they can have a sneaky pizza sometimes, or a few extra slices of bread without worrying about the effect on their weight.

You also need to remember that we're all still going to be here for support when you reach target.

thanks hun
I decided I needed a target and reward.
was thinking new years eve and going out in a new dress but we have recently brought a puppy and I doubt we will get a puppysitter on new years eve so...
I have decided to book myself another boudiour shoot. I had one done just before my wedding a year ago and loved it but I was about a stone heavier than now and I always vowed when I got to target I would go back and have it done and again. so I'm going to book it before xmas so its a pressie for dh for xmas but mostly for me.
gonna change my desk top to one of my old ones to remind me
thanks all for your advice

Hey hun, I may be a little late but I wanted to add my tuppence worth too.
You simply CANNOT let all of that hard work you had losing the weight in the first place go to waste, PLEASE don't waste your determination, effort and fantastic accomplishment....you have come the longest way....don't fall at the last hurdle....you have lost the most and now you have the least part of it to lose! I understand how it feels when you don't lose it quickly enough but honestly....think about about you will feel if you piled it all back on....looking in the mirror again and seeing that you let yourself just slide backwards instead of taking that leap forwards....you'd hate it.

Now please dust yourself off and reset your thinking, you must keep yourself happy and maybe...and this is just a suggestion....can you not just maintain your current weight for now, give yourself a little break and then start on concentrating on losing that last little bit?

Honestly I really can't stress it enough - don't waste your past accomplishment, its too much to just through away like that. I hope you're feeling a bit better now anyway :) XX

thanks hun
I decided I needed a target and reward.
was thinking new years eve and going out in a new dress but we have recently brought a puppy and I doubt we will get a puppysitter on new years eve so...
I have decided to book myself another boudiour shoot. I had one done just before my wedding a year ago and loved it but I was about a stone heavier than now and I always vowed when I got to target I would go back and have it done and again. so I'm going to book it before xmas so its a pressie for dh for xmas but mostly for me.
gonna change my desk top to one of my old ones to remind me
thanks all for your advice

That's a really good idea and great motivation to keep going!

I hope you're feeling a bit more positive today :)

thanks hun I do. biscuits are still tempting me I need to get them gone so will be forcing them down the familie throat tonight while i'm at college lol

I just wanted to add that as far as new years eve goes - the puppy will be a few months older by then so you would surely be OK to leave it at home for a few hours on it's own? Are there never any times it's left home alone?

p.s. I had a bad week last week, couldn't get my head back into the right frame of mind. I managed to perserve through it and I'm almost back into the right mindset now - just give it a chance :)

Keep at it, Tinkerbell's Mum.

It's lovely when people notice how much you've lost, and you have to accept their compliments, even if you tell them, or tell yourself, you've still got some way to go.

But just think how great it's going to be, accepting those really great compliments when you know you've got all the way you want to go.

Don't waste how much you've done: as soon as you put some on, and those smaller clothes feel a little bit tighter again, you'll know why you did it, and you'll want to get back on the wagon.
But by not giving in & putting any weight back on, you'll avoid wasting more time in your trek towards your goal.

You can do it, you can motivate yourself to complete the challenge you set yourself, and then start the new one to maintain the great looking new you!

Keep going - you're worth it!

How are you feeling now hun? Anymore inspired or wanting to keep on?

Back