Increased depression.

lukeal70

Hi there,

I am new to the site & would like some advice.

I started Lipotrim on 2 July the first couple of days were hard but by day 3 I had lots of energy & felt great.
I started my period on day 4 & started to feel really light headed & dizzy. On day 6 I went to see pharmacist & he said I was prob anemic & should come off Lipotrim for a few days. ( I had lost 6lbs though).:)

Restarted on sunday & again have got to day 4 & I feel lightheaded & my depression seems much worse, I feel weepy & down.:cry: I really don't want to give up, can anyone tell me if this is normal.
Thanks Sam x

Hi Sam,

Well Done on starting again. Its a b*tch to have to come off LT and to have to go through the first week again.

I think that feeling weepy is part of the process. I'm on day three but I did this diet a few years ago (putting weight back on was my own fault). When I was on it before I had the odd weepy day at the beginning but then I'd bounce back the following day. On day four your body is simply starving. That is the worst time for feeling down or weepy. Once you are in ketosis its much better. I found my mood elevated if anything for the duration of the diet.

Today is the hardest day. If you can go back to bed and take a comfort day for yourself. Be good to yourself.

Bella

Sorry you're not feeling great Sam.

I've just started to get the dizzinesss again, in week 11! Been fine up to now but it's just started. I find I have to get up slowly from sitting and take a few deep breaths and it does pass.

Can't help about depression, sorry. Hope you're feeling better though and stick with it and just see how you go. Good luck.

Start taking a vitamin supplement with iron/ b-12 but make sure you do it after you've had a shake or you will be really sick to the stomach. If you're anemic, just going off Lipotrim won't be enough to cure you're anemia. Your body might not be taking in iron properly. I had a really bad Iron deficiency and had to take loads of pills. Sulfate, iron, and b 12. Sigh. Good luck!!! And if you feel weepy, take a bath and read a happy book. Just remember it will pass.

Hi hun,
Sorry to hear your having a rough time.
Not so sure about the depression but as for the anaemia I will share my experience!
I have an iron deficiency, folic acid deficiency and something called pernicious anaemia where my body doesn't absorb b12. I have to take a million tablets a day plus monthly b12 jabs and iron infusions. When I was on lipotrim I felt fantastic because I was getting all the right amount of vits etc and was actually able to come of some of my tablets for a while. Anaemia can sometimes give you a foggy head and make you a bit low. I noticed that the pharmacist said you had this and not the doctor- have you actually been tested?
People do have some of the symptoms you describe when going in/ or in ketosis so I wouldn't worry to much. As I said if you are anaemic lipotrim would be a great way to ensure you are getting all the vits you need.
Hope you feel better soon.
T x

Thanks for all your advice, the pharmacist just said I was probably anaemic but didn't test me or give me any iron supplements. I am feeling much better this evening & I'm sure it's just my body getting used to Lipotrim. Disappointed that I came off it for 3 days as I now have to go through the first week again.
Thanks again, reading all the positive stories on here is so inspiring. Sam

Well Done

Well done for getting through a tough day. It'll get easier. Take care.

Bella

That's really good, well done you!
Whenever I feel low, hungry, tempted, miserable or anything I keep trying to imagine back at my goal weight and also how I'm likely to feel if I give in and am still fat in a few months time!

I think I'm lucky that I'm only craving food I would be trying to stop myself eating anyway so being on LT isn't stopping me from eating them iykwim!

Well done for getting through your tough days. Everyone will have times when they get down or feel a bit poorly. Our bodies adjust in different ways to being on TFR. Just keep up your water intake , sipping throughout the day, to about 3-4 litres and takes things a little easier when you have any dizzy spells.

Back