increased fertility on LL ????

loulouh79

Hi all

I recently went to a meeting and was told that there have been a LOT of lighter life pregnancies as fertility increases whilst on this programme.

Reading posts via this site it seems that some people get irregular periods or none at all so i'm a little confused.

Does anyone know anything about increased fertlity on LL???

thanks

L x :confused:

PS. I am not complaining and would be chuffed as we have fertility issues.

Hi, I can't say what the stats are but my LLC has definitely had some LL pregnancies! I hope to be one of those success stories after far too long of TTC!

It would be great if there are some LL success stories - anyone here on Minis know of any?

Mrs Lxxx

fingers crossed for you Mrs Lard, I'm of the same thinking as you. i'd be very happy .

not only will i have lost weight but gained a little mini me ha ha ha

L x

Hello all - my understanding is that losing weight has a big effect on fertility (or rather that being overweight suppresses fertility and losing weight therefore increases it again).

The hormones which govern periods are greatly affected by movements in the fat between your waist and knees, which is why some people's periods alter in frequency or stop whilst they are in abstinence, although this returns to your normal within a month or two of starting Route to Management.

What I have seen practically as a counsellor is that a lot of clients who had been trying to get pregnant for a while do quite quickly when they have lost their excess weight, and I have also seen a number of non-planned pregnancies during the programme.

So good luck to those that want to - it gets much more likely - and to those that don't - be careful!!

I had been told at my fertility clinic that losing weight can help. I am 3 stone overweight which granted is far too much overweight however i have friends and family that are much more overweight and managed to concieve with no problem.

I could never quite work that out. Anyway on the road to slimness now. who knows it may actually help.

Thank you Atlanta x

Back