Indecisive about Cambridge...

laurenmay

Gold Member
Urgh, here I am again. Long story short is I tried Cambridge twice before, both times giving up and cheating after day two, I guess my head wasn't in it and I wasn't ready for the high level of committment that it requires.

I'm now 12.9 stone, so 3 stone overweight. I'm normally a size 8 and 9.7, but months of comfort and binge eating has piled the pounds on me and I've never been so down about my weight or size.

This is me at my smallest, 9.7 stone and a size 8..

image-4189515727.jpg

I'm really impatient, and if I don't see fast results and rapid change then I get disheartened and give up. That's why I came to to CD in the first place, for the fast results and to take food out of the equation for a little while - I need to regain some self control with food which I've really lost hold of. So I've got 3 stone to lose, and like most people wanna lose it as soon as possible, but also want to keep it off.

Only thing is I'm undergoing surgery in six weeks time, and have been told by my surgeon that I must be following a healthy diet and a healthy calorie amount two weeks prior to surgery. So I'd have to make sure that I'd upped the steps in four weeks, and was on at least step 4 for the two weeks prior to the op.

I'd definitely start on SS+ but not sure how to up the steps? As I have a short amount of time to do it within. The thing I like about CD and upping the steps is that it'll teach me about portion sizes and give me some control back when it comes to food and overeating.

So if I was to start back on SS+ tomorrow, how would people advise I go about it and upping the steps? How long should I stay on each step and what advice do you all have?

I was going to go along the calorie counting route, but there's too much freedom there which isn't helpful for someone whose overcoming binge eating issues.

Hi
Do you spend time with your consultant? She should be able to guide you through the steps.

I'm moving up the steps now - and to be honest, i'm finding it very weird. Because the steps seem so close - ie. in the amount of calorie intake and food, that I'm very nervous about eating. I'm seeing my consultant later, and I'm going to try to move up to the next step, maybe that will give me more freedom.

You will obviously see results quickly with CD (if you stick with it). But i'm going to definitely join a slimming club when I finish my CD journey - if nothing else just to keep my weight in check, because I'm either on a diet - or not. And boy, when i'm not, that's when the trouble starts.

Also, i'm going to get a couple of sessions of hypnotherapy to help me overcome my eating issues, because i know that steps will help me with potion control and making the right choices, but if i'm going to binge - i'm going to binge, and i don't think CD will help me overcome that, unfortunately. I know myself too well.

My advice to you is maybe not start CD at this point - you are only going to be on it for a very short amount of time, and then you need to be moving up the steps pretty quickly. Six weeks is no time really to up your calorie intake to the amount your Doctor would be happy with, and also to move up the steps. Personally, i think it will be a waste of money too - i would try calorie counting - and you will need to be strict with yourself - pretend you are doing CD and the key is not to snack and not to make unhealthy choices (sounds easy). But i think now is not the right time. I'm being honest, and if you want to do CD, discuss the steps in detail with you Consultant.

Lxx

LV30 said:
Hi
Do you spend time with your consultant? She should be able to guide you through the steps.

I'm moving up the steps now - and to be honest, i'm finding it very weird. Because the steps seem so close - ie. in the amount of calorie intake and food, that I'm very nervous about eating. I'm seeing my consultant later, and I'm going to try to move up to the next step, maybe that will give me more freedom.

You will obviously see results quickly with CD (if you stick with it). But i'm going to definitely join a slimming club when I finish my CD journey - if nothing else just to keep my weight in check, because I'm either on a diet - or not. And boy, when i'm not, that's when the trouble starts.

Also, i'm going to get a couple of sessions of hypnotherapy to help me overcome my eating issues, because i know that steps will help me with potion control and making the right choices, but if i'm going to binge - i'm going to binge, and i don't think CD will help me overcome that, unfortunately. I know myself too well.

My advice to you is maybe not start CD at this point - you are only going to be on it for a very short amount of time, and then you need to be moving up the steps pretty quickly. Six weeks is no time really to up your calorie intake to the amount your Doctor would be happy with, and also to move up the steps. Personally, i think it will be a waste of money too - i would try calorie counting - and you will need to be strict with yourself - pretend you are doing CD and the key is not to snack and not to make unhealthy choices (sounds easy). But i think now is not the right time. I'm being honest, and if you want to do CD, discuss the steps in detail with you Consultant.

Lxx

Hello,

To be honest my CDC is very brief, she doesn't say all that much but maybe it's because I just don't ask. I've been looking at the steps guidelines, and apparently you have to follow step 3 and 4 for a minimum of two weeks. So that being said, with me having to eat decently the two weeks before my op I'd have to follow step 1 for a week, step 2 for a week, step 3 for two weeks and then step 4 for two weeks, which will be the two weeks before my op. My surgeon said that as long as I'm eating at least 1200 calories a day the two weeks before that I'll be fine.

CD does say that the minimum time for step 1 and 2 is a week each, so me following each of those steps for only a week should be okay. Plus, what I really want is a helping hand into calorie counting, which is what doing this will give me. Six weeks may not sound much, but it's enough to help me adjust to less food and start regaining some control with food too, which will then make calorie counting a hundred times easier. Whereas trying to be strict with calorie counting after eating so excessively for months is next to impossible.

xx

I think you should be ok then, it does give you enough time to follow the steps as prescribed. But you should speak with your Consultant - just talk with you!! She could be shy, and she may think you are doing ok because you aren't asking any questions!! lol

Good luck (and also with your op). And you know you can get all the support you need on here!

Lxx

I will speak with her, hopefully she'll have some advice regarding me upping the steps so quickly. I think I should definitely lose a good deal over the six weeks, as even the calories on step 3 and 4 are so low that it should shift the weight off.

Will be starting tomorrow! Thank you :) xx

Back