Indegestion - burning

blonde_one

Well I failed miserably on my sole sourcing on saturday and sun. Decided to start again monday ..... failed monday night.

So back on sole source today...... but why oh why have i felt so ill since sunday morning ..... everytime i put something (apart from coffee) in my mouth i get terrible indegestion.

Any ideas? I'm drinking a lot of water (over 4ltrs pre day).

Am sat here in agony yet not eaten since i had a frozen tetra at 8pm. Had a tetra for breakfast and a bar for lunch.

First thing that came to mind is the bars, they used to cripple me!!!!

Second thing is get some indegestion rememdy, Gaviscon advance, or magnesium triscilicate.

I found different shakes gave me worse indegestion, I narrowed it down till I was happy.

Dont suffer, get the remedies.

thing was i got this sunday morning ie after having eaten all day saturday so it can't just be the bars.

thanks anyway will have to get something tomorrow if it continues as in agony and feeling sick hte whole time.

I can't offer an explanation, but I can offer a solution.
I often get terrible heartburn, to the extent that I ended up having to see a cardiologist, as the symptoms can mimic a heart attack!

Things like Rennie can make it worse in the long term because your stomach makes even more acid to compensate, but there is a different type of treatment which lessens the amount of acid that the stomach produces in the first place.

It's an over the counter medicine called Ranitidine, AKA Zantac, and one tablet lasts for 12 hours. Boots have their own brand called 'Excess Acid Relief' which is cheaper than Zantac. You'll find it on the shelf by the other indigestion stuff.

Funnily enough, my symptoms have ceased since I started CD. When I finish, I might try reintroducing foods one at a time to figure out what causes it.

Back