indian/ chinese and Curry recipes

Nicky2kuk

Hiya,
I quite like my takeaways on a weekend which is normally an indian or chinese. Was hoping if I created a thread some kind people would post some low syn tried and tested recipes? :)

My favourite is chicken korma or chicken passandra but any chinese or indian food would be great so i can create indian or chinese nights in with friends :)

Have you done a search in the recipe section??

I have just bought a Indian cookbook this week, so will be adapting some of the recipes in to SW friendly ones, will post any good ones in my recipe thread. ( *honeys recipes - a sticky in the recipe thread)

There is a korma and tikka masala recipe on there, and i have a Onion bhaji recipe to add as well.

I've just made a madras with packets of spice powders I bought at Xmas Market- the guy said his brand is accredited with Sw and only 2 syns a portion- very spicy madras- gorgeous! Just added spices to tinned tomatoes onions peppers and chicken - meant to add some fat free yoghurt r something but I didn't have any & don't miss it :0) will post the brand name tonight & u can check it on syns on website- but I also bought a box of korma, dopiaza, & vindaloo spices and I think bhuna :0)

have just wrote the ingrediants down for the onion bharjis, korma and rice o just gonna go and get them and marinate the chicken tonight for tomorrow night :)

My 1-2-3-4 Easy Chicken Tikka - best to do the night before so the meat can marinade

1 Tub of Fat free greek yog
2 tbs Lemon juice
3 tbs - Madras curry powder (hot medium or mild)
4 chicken breasts
Tupperware box

Cut chicken into chunks and place in box.
Add lemon juice over the chicken cubes.
Sprinkle the Madras curry powder over the chicken.
Add yog and give it all a good stir, cover and leave overnight in the fridge.

Next day put oven on at 200'C and soak some bamboo skewers in water for 15mins while it heats up.
Add the chunks of marinaded chicken to skewers
I have a small roasting tray that I use to "hang" the skewers across that catches any drips and roast them until brown
Serve on a bed of lettuce :D

Back