Indian Curry!!

ChubLock

Silver Member
I know it's not the best choice of food when following plan but it's our 2nd yr anniversary this weekend and we fancy a curry!

I have 21 daily and 47 weekly points left but I am clueless about what would be the lowest point options.

What is in a vegetable curry? Do you normally add on the sauce? Our local curry menu has vegetable curry under their traditionals but then has the choices of sauces that go with it so what on earth do i choose?

I am going to make a portion of rice for 6PP (easy cook) because I think boiled rice is double that.

Oh it is tricky to choose - I want some wine too!!

Would you cook one yourself. Do you have a slow cooker.

I have just made one, dead simple.

Half a jar of Patak's Korma Paste
6 Chicken Fillets
Tons of Veg
250g No fat Natural Yoghurt
I reckon it is only about 9 points in total. Dont forget to add pp for any rice. I think I will give rice a skip tonight as I had a 7 PP bagel for breakfast.

The eating out book puts veggie curry as 15 points.

Most chicken dishes come out at around 23-27 points... i.e. Jalfrezi = 24 points, Dopiaza 25 points. The creamy curries obviously a long more... If you like the dry stuff then a shashlick is only 9 points and mixed grill 11 points.

Well we had the curry - and it was fecking lush folks! I had a veggie rogan josh (only had half a portion cos I was stuffed) 1 10g onion bhaji, 1/3 of a peshwari naan, about a handful of easy cooked rice and 1/3 of a poppadum and folks let me tell you - it was well worth the points :D

I also had a large glass of wine, a disaronno and shot of sambucca.

VERY indulgent but it was a celebration so :D

Back