Indian eating out!

Discussion in 'Calorie Counting' started by 1dayweighthappy, 19 May 2011 Social URL.

1. 1dayweighthappy

1dayweighthappy Member

So I'm panicking I forgot that I have a meal tonight at the local indian! I have alot of cals left. But what I the best thing to order? Anyone have any suggestions?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Tol116

Tol116 Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st2lb
    Current Weight:
    11st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10lb(13.04%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    When I last went out for an Indian meal, I asked the waiter what was the best meal to have if you are watching your figure and he suggested a fish based meal, initially I wasn't too keen as I hadn't tried a fish curry before, but I had fish tikka for starters and a fish tikka bhuna and boiled rice for the main. It was absolutely delicious. I did have difficulty in finding the calorie count for this meal though, but thought it must be lower than chicken.

Other things you could try is chicken tikka, tandoori chicken and if you have any extra calories you can swap naan bread for chapattis.

I did read that it's best to go for the bhuna type dishes rather than those cream based like kormas or chicken tikka masala.

You can also ask them to cook your meal without any ghee (Indian butter).

Whatever you do enjoy!

4. bevsy

bevsy Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st8lb
    Current Weight:
    13st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st2lb
    Lost(%):
    4st12lb(26.15%)
    Diet:
    calorie count
    I would go for a dry dish something like chicken shashlick (chicken marinaded in dry spices cooked in a tandoor with tomatoes onions and peppers its lovely. :0)

5. iwillsoonbeslim

iwillsoonbeslim Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st9lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st11lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(15.61%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting with the help of Myfitnesspal!
    What did you have, and did you enjoy it? :)

6. Legomom

Legomom Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st5lb
    Current Weight:
    14st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(14.4%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    I always go with the dry chicken tikka and an onion salad yum yum It's so yummy and you don't have a bad belly the next day!!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.