Indian restaurant help!?

lauren992

Hi,

I was just wondering as I am going for an indian meal with my partner and parents on friday night to our usual restaurant... I have searched on here before and found that tomato based curries are the best to go for but my favourite is a Larsen chicken curry, I think the name is quite uncommon and only at this particular restaurant so it would be impossible for me to find the correct syns.

The menu online says it is diced chicken cooked with ginger, garlic, red chillies, onions and red peppers in a blend of unique herbs and spices, there is not much sauce but sometimes it is quite oily so I usually say about 8 syns for this as it is quite a large portion but there isn't any creamy sauce or anything like that so I thought 8 syns for the oil would be quite reasonable.

Can anyone tell me if they think i'm about right?

Thank youuu!

I would say so I get rogan josh and thats only 6.5 get boiled rice too :) x

I always base mine on a chicken madras which is 11 syns ! My downfall is naan bread but at a whopping 20 syns each. I still have my weekly takeaway although I shouldnt and have continued to lose steadily. Is this a special occasion if so why not give yourself a flexible syn day as a one off ?

No not really, we pretty much have an indian or a chinese every friday.. woops haah! but i feel bad depriving the other half as I make him eat slimming world every other night, i usually just get the Larsen chicken as I said it is my favourite and there's not really any sauce so i wouldnt have thought it would be that bad I recently swapped Pilau rice for boiled to save a few syns :( and have stayed away from the garlic naans for the past 2 weeks which upsets me deeply!!
I think it should be ok as I havent seemed to put any weight on so im not overly bothered just wondered if 8 syns was reasonable and if a madras is 11 its got to be less than that as thats quite creamy isnt it?
Mmm garlic naan :( ...

I always have a chicken ceylon which is quite spicy but I look on it as 11 syns. To be honest I dont even count my take away I just eat very lightly during the day sticking to my cereals and yoghurt for breakfast and then munch on carrot sticks and ham in the day time and just have the take away and be done with it . It hasnt hindered my weight loss although I may have lost more if I hadnt had it but wheres the fun in that ?

That's very true! I do sort of the same because i'm at work all day i make sure i only bring fruit and stuff to snack on so I know i havent had any syns all day then only have like 5 the day after and to be honest its too good to even feel guilty about! I love spicy food I think if i couldnt have a takeaway on a friday i wouldnt be able to last on any diet because i get to have that i dont feel TOO deprived!

Am I reading right? I can have chicken madras and boiled rice for eleven syns? That seems like a bargain to me,I'm so used to weight watchers where that would be a complete no no!

Autumn500 said:
Am I reading right? I can have chicken madras and boiled rice for eleven syns? That seems like a bargain to me,I'm so used to weight watchers where that would be a complete no no!

Haha welcome to the dark side xx

So would anyone happen to know how many syns there are in a chicken patia (or could be pathia)? Its a sweet and sour curry and very delicious.

Anyone know how many syns are in a chicken tikka dupiaza? It's basically the only Indian dish I eat, but I can't find how many syns are in it.

Thanks x

Back